***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread*** - Page 250 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Old 01-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #6226
Trial User

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Hello, my name is Greg and I've got a 2005 civic hx that i bought used and could use some help with a few issues.
Greg Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:19 AM   #6227
Trial User

Hi,

My name is Khiri from the Western Massachusetts area. I recently purchased a 2010 si in May. So this is my introduction post and i also already need a clutch so i was hoping for suggestions. I was looking at the basic OEM Exedy clutch that Advanced Auto Parts sell for like $350. Would that be a suitable clutch for my si? One of my friends suggested that i get a stage 2 clutch, but i feel like they're just more of a pain in the **** as daily driver. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Mansa8thGenMusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #6228
Swaggylicious

exedy stage 1 would be the most aggresive i'll ever put on a street car
$amGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #6229
K5^
Brand New

For a stock Si, I'd say Honda OE or equivalent unless you plan on modifying beyond the usual bolt-ons.
K5^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #6230
Honda-Tech Member

This^^^
97emsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #6231
Trial User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5^ View Post
For a stock Si, I'd say Honda OE or equivalent unless you plan on modifying beyond the usual bolt-ons.
Thanks. Pretty sure that's what i'm going to go with along with the OEM flywheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
exedy stage 1 would be the most aggresive i'll ever put on a street car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97emsedan View Post
This^^^
me?
Mansa8thGenMusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #6232
Intelligently Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansa8thGenMusa View Post
One of my friends suggested that i get a stage 2 clutch, but i feel like they're just more of a pain in the **** as daily driver. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
It's more than just a pain for driving. The stock Master Cylinder (MC) already is a little under powered for the pressure plate for speed shifting. As well as the clutch pedal housing is tack welded with two tack welds and tends to rip over time with the stiffer stage 2 pressure plates.

My 2007 Si I bought from my factory trained mechanic friend already had the clutch pedal replaced due to the competition clutch stage 2 pressure plate and clutch disk. I've gotten used to the stiffer feel and daily driving isn't too bad but I still need to swap the push rod from my MC and put it onto the em1 SiR MC I bought. I've read it's a better upgrade that isn't so harsh on the clutch pedal over the Hybrid Racing MC.

Really though, sticking to the Exedy Stage 1 (OEM equivalent) clutch kit will give you solid daily driving and be easier on all your components.

Do a little google searching on MC upgrade and also on clutch pedal reinforcement for 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si and you will likely come across a fair amount of information about all of this.

The other upgrade for these Si's besides Hondata Flash Pro is the Hybrid Racing Timing Chain Tensioner. It's my understanding it's a necessity if you upgrade your cams, valve springs and retainers. I've been thinking about doing the tensioner anyway even though the motor itself is still stock just for the peace of mind of a superior designed tensioner.
TomCat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #6233
Intelligently Stupid

I'm not sure if anyone else has run anything other than Honda MTF in their gear box. It would be interesting to see some feedback.

Today I drained out the Honda MTF from my gear box and I added half a tube of Molyslip Manual Transmission Additive (molybdenum) and GM Synchromesh Friction Modified.

The shifting is much smoother even in high rpm (8000+) shifts. I'm curious to know if the molybdenum is helpful for carbon synchros like it is for metal (brass, steel, aluminum, etc).

I would use Torco MTF but getting it here is a bit expensive and time consuming. I've had great success with GM Synchromesh Friction Modified with Molyslip manual additive but usually in the older manual trannies with brass synchros. Also I can get GM's fluid at any GM dealership so access is easy and quick.
TomCat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #6234
Honda-Tech Member

Im new to the forums, and I apologize if this is in the wrong location....But does anyone know where I can get a badgeless grille for a 09 civic sedan? Ive seen a couple pretty rad ones for the coupe, but not having any luck with the Sedan.Anyone have on on their Sedan..would dig seeing what youve got. Thanks, and again, apologies if this is in the wrong spot.
D20_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #6235
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansa8thGenMusa View Post
Hi,

My name is Khiri from the Western Massachusetts area. I recently purchased a 2010 si in May. So this is my introduction post and i also already need a clutch so i was hoping for suggestions. I was looking at the basic OEM Exedy clutch that Advanced Auto Parts sell for like $350. Would that be a suitable clutch for my si? One of my friends suggested that i get a stage 2 clutch, but i feel like they're just more of a pain in the **** as daily driver. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Try checking out rockauto.com see if they have a clutch for you and if they do, I am pretty sure it'll be at a decent price. You may also want to consider a new flywheel or having your current one resurfaced.
ReMiXeDg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 AM   #6236
Honda-Tech Member

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk
first the wheel hubs were rusted into the brake drum solid.
Now im trying to replace the auto tensioner and the waterr pump pulley bolts are ******* me over
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
next time i buy old honda that has a FAQ thread lol

Last edited by 94 accord typeR; 01-10-2018 at 06:08 AM. Reason: More rant
94 accord typeR is offline   Reply With Quote