Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 AM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Icon7 ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

This thread is to cut down all the off topic, non-technical related chit-chat in this forum. This is similar to the s2k and 7th gen's subforums that have general discussion threads. Some of you will just say to go to gdd for stuff like this, but as for many of you know, gdd is practically it's own site and almost has no ties with anything pertaining to Hondas. This thread is for discussion of anything 8th gen related or not, ranting on anything 8th gen related or not, and of course our favorite: "hey I'm new and just got a new civic just saying hi" intro threads.

This thread will be monitored so normal forum etiquette WILL BE OBSERVED.

NOOBS: Introduce yourselves here, there is NO need for a techless thread introducing yourself.

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
  • Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
  • Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
  • Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
  • Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortuous language,
  • Online vandalism,
  • Impersonation of another person,
  • Posting, distributing, transmitting or promoting illegal content,
  • Invasion of another's privacy,
  • Actions that are hurtful to minors,
  • Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials or information infringing on the rights of a third party,
  • Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam, and
  • Posting, uploading, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code, or reverse engineering or hacking any materials on the Site.
Full guidelines: https://honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/site-guidelines-2599445/

Cheers,

K5^

Last edited by K5^; 07-10-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Road House

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/Intro Thread***

Its crazy that in Arizona your license does not expire until you're 65.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 AM
K5^
Brand New

Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/Intro Thread***

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
Its crazy that in Arizona your license does not expire until you're 65.
There's a lot of crazy **** in Arizona. No mandatory helmet laws, no need for a concealed weapons license, or that photo enforcement zones.

Is it true that they only issue tickets to cars registered in az? I have yet to receive a ticket.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Road House

Tickets for what? Moving violations?

Arizona sounds a lot like New Hampshire. "Live free or die"
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if thats **** true, i wish i would of went to asu then
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
There's a lot of crazy **** in Arizona. No mandatory helmet laws, no need for a concealed weapons license, or that photo enforcement zones.

Is it true that they only issue tickets to cars registered in az? I have yet to receive a ticket.
well maybe because it goes through dmv and sent it your parents house in ca hahaha
Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so i will add my first rant. more like a thunderstorm.

what is the deal with seibon?? they dont deal with direct public?? wtf kinda sh*t is that? since this is the case, this will be the last time i deal with seibon. im going to deal with fiber images because they deal with direct public and i like the direct interaction between manufacturer and consumer a lot better than having to do third party bs. so most of you dont know my case so i will elaborate.

i bought cf fenders for my 08 si coupe, and they didnt end up fitting for sh*t. now i tell my dealer about it and he told showstoppers and ss told seibon, then seibon told ss, and then my dealer, and then me. (illustrating the 3rd party transactions) i dont understand this whole situation that i have to go through the trouble of removing my fenders once again which took a few hours to do because of random **** not coming off the way they should have or breaking clips. then taking pics of how the fenders don't fit. and i have to send them to my dealer, then he has to forward them to ss, then to seibon. seriously wtf is the deal?!?!? i wouldnt complain about them if they didnt f*cking fit! cf fenders was the thing i wanted most for my car next to my coilovers, and rims, but now it looks like i wil lbe sticking to oem fenders unless fiber images makes some which they claim "won't sell" which is bs because seibon cf fenders for 8th gens go on backorder within the first 2 weeks of a shipment coming in. man i hate how things work in this world. anyways, back to work.

ill be lokoing forward to others' thoughts on this.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Road House

Your carbon fiber pieces don't fit?

Cliffs: Seibon.

Your carbon fiber pieces were cracked?

Cliffs: VIS.

Seibon probably does not deal with the public because of that very reason. They know their product is trash, and rely on dealers to deal with the public. (They call them dealers for a reason)
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
K5^
Brand New

There are lots of variables in the quality control of carbon pieces.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
K5^
Brand New

Tickets for what? Moving violations?

Arizona sounds a lot like New Hampshire. "Live free or die"
Speeding mostly. There's a window for the given speed limit of +/- 10mph. For example if the posted limit is 65 mph, the cameras don't fire unless you are traveling at 76 mph.

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
well maybe because it goes through dmv and sent it your parents house in ca hahaha
I've asked my parents. They have yet to receive anything either. So immunity to photo enforcement zones?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your carbon fiber pieces don't fit?

Cliffs: Seibon.

Your carbon fiber pieces were cracked?

Cliffs: VIS.

Seibon probably does not deal with the public because of that very reason. They know their product is trash, and rely on dealers to deal with the public. (They call them dealers for a reason)
they werent cracked, just didnt fit. when you first see it, you can tell its for a coupe, but when u put it on, only one bolt lines up.

Originally Posted by K5^
I've asked my parents. They have yet to receive anything either. So immunity to photo enforcement zones?
hmmm maybe, or you got to wait longer
Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
K5^
Brand New

It's been three months. I have my doubts.

Can't beat OEM man.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well then i wouldnt worry about it.
yea i figured that =/
Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 PM
K5^
Brand New

Check out this gem:
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you guys pull up to a new corvette z06 (500hp 7 liter V8) or one of the new mustang cobras (500 hp ??liter supercharged v8) does it make you feel like you're in a geo metro? LOL

it's very humbling for me..
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
K5^
Brand New

Originally Posted by Ben850
when you guys pull up to a new corvette z06 (500hp 7 liter V8) or one of the new mustang cobras (500 hp ??liter supercharged v8) does it make you feel like you're in a geo metro? LOL

I just relish in the fact that I get better fuel economy.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
NO MERCY!

Well after about 2 months straight of little more than .1" of rain total.....it decides to pour 2 days after I wax and detail my car for a good two hours. F**kin Texas weather. I'm pissed.

/rant.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Road House

I don't really view them the same.

I may very well test them, to see see how far their driver will push it. But, I consider them to be sports/muscle cars, much different than the econo-sport we drive.

Also, when you look at what our cars do hp/L wise in comparison, ours are actually much more impressive.
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by Ben850

Makes me wanna throw myself off a cliff. Any car that hits 60mph in FIRST gear makes me feel very insignificant.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
K5^
Brand New

Same here. I did a full detail on my car before I drove back to az for school. I strapped on the front mask for the trip. The next day mother nature decides to open the flood gates.

F mother nature.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Road House

My car spends < 5 mins in the rain, and its covered in mud. And I'm talking about the roof and the windows, not just the sides. I have no idea how. It must rain mud.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 PM
NO MERCY!

Lol. Our post counts are gonna go through the roof with this thread.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
K5^
Brand New

Ehh.

I have the market place for that.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RICO_
Lol. Our post counts are gonna go through the roof with this thread.
hahaha...

Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by builthatch
hahaha...

Woops. Dont worry I'm sure GK can change that.....right?

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***