Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Replaced VSS and still doing the same thing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Replaced VSS and still doing the same thing!

I have a 2005 Honda civic Ex auto trans. I just bought the car and lone behold had a blown head gasket. I replaced the gaskets the new head new spark plugs battery, oil change, new coolant air filter, oil filter, timing belt, water pump. The whole top end is new. After 3 wks of waiting (because of part delays) the car was fixed and started up. After letting it run the fluids through we took it for a test drive. It drove great til about 5 mi. down the road. The engine seemed to be shifting through the gears really fast and then bogging out. and the speedometer needle started jumping. going from 0-80 while at an idle or just going 25 mph.The check engine light came on and we ran the code. It said the speed sensor had a low input signal. We had already checked the VSS and unplugged it. So we decided to get a new VSS. Replaced it. There was some milky fluid in it. Which im not really sure what that meant. anyway after the new part we test drove it again. This time it worked great for 10 miles! then as soon as we got to the driveway the trans started acting weird and the needle started jumping. Now were stumped.... Im not sure what to do. Im at my wits end with this car and I want to get rid of it but unfortunately finances don't allow it so im now stuck with the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be happening? any suggestions or personal experiences would be great!
Thanks,
Hayley