Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Interchangeable parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable parts

Does anyone know if there are any parts from a Acura that are interchangeable with a 2002 Honda Civic Coupe?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interchangeable parts

Need to be a little more specific than that. The only Acura that has real interchangeability with the 7th gen Civic is the Acura EL which was only available in the Canadian Market, and is relatively equivalent to the 4-door Civic EX sold in the US. However, I'm sure there is a wider range of cars that share common ground on a strictly part by part basis.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Trial User

[QUOTE=ZeroSix;51640684]Need to be a little more specific than that. The only Acura that has real interchangeability with the 7th gen Civic is the Acura EL which was only available in the Canadian Market, and is relatively equivalent to the 4-door Civic EX sold in the US. However, I'm sure there is a wider range of cars that share common ground on a strictly part by part

I wanted to know like if I could switch out the front end or tunk seats anything to make you look different from the normal
Old 05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Odoug Douglas
I wanted to know like if I could switch out the front end or tunk seats anything to make you look different from the normal
Going to go ahead and answer with the assumption that you are planning on sourcing parts from an Acura EL:

A quick image search will reveal that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two front ends, so yes it should be possible with minimal (if any) fabrication. You will, however, have to find a way to wire up the running/fog lights located on the Acura bumper. Understand that there are differences in DOT lighting requirements between countries, so what is legal in Canada for the EL may not be for the US. Granted, in many localities these laws aren't strictly enforced and is more dependent upon your state/jurisdiction safety inspection.

Since you drive a coupe, and the EL only is only available as a sedan, it's not possible to easily exchange tail lights between the two.

by "tunk" seats do you mean rear seats..?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several RSX and EP3 Si parts are relatively easily interchangeable. 5 lug hubs, rear disc brakes, seats (with light modification) steering wheels, instrument clusters, front body panels, and (for engine swaps) the entire drive train.

You would have known this is you spent some time on google first.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thisguyaves
Several RSX and EP3 Si parts are relatively easily interchangeable. 5 lug hubs, rear disc brakes, seats (with light modification) steering wheels, instrument clusters, front body panels, and (for engine swaps) the entire drive train.

I'll concede on the RSX since they're the same platform. On the inverse, the initial post was pretty vague and OP didn't specify what the hypothetical donor car was, nor the parts that would be used, so a rebadged Civic is the best blanket choice. I mentioned that when I assumed he was okay with using an EL as the donor.

EP3 is ruled out since he mentioned Acura in his original post. If a mistake is made, I'm all for politely bringing it up. However, don't light someone up if you didn't do your own due diligence. It's just rude and doesn't make anyone look good.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...sting-2101211/
Old 05-22-2018, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah, Zero I must have glazed over the Acura listing. Then yes, RSX. I try to stay as polite as possible, but I will always point out when a simple google search would be effective.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

True, or look in the FAQ's thread, since that information is covered in there.

Also, given that his ISP is locating him in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US, I would wager he's not referring to Canadian market goods.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah, Zero I must have glazed over the Acura listing. Then yes, RSX. I try to stay as polite as possible, but I will always point out when a simple google search would be effective.
Not a problem. I'd be lying if I said I haven't made that mistake a few times. For the record, all the interactions I've had with you have been polite. I hope you didn't think my response was critical; sometimes it's difficult to discern tone via text.

Also, given that his ISP is locating him in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US, I would wager he's not referring to Canadian market goods.
Ah toyomatt, coming in with those clutch administrator perks!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Sanji

Originally Posted by ZeroSix
Ah toyomatt, coming in with those clutch administrator perks!
Sometimes, they're more a burden then anything. But, its a job I've committed to for over 12 years now.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:18 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ZeroSix
Going to go ahead and answer with the assumption that you are planning on sourcing parts from an Acura EL:

A quick image search will reveal that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two front ends, so yes it should be possible with minimal (if any) fabrication. You will, however, have to find a way to wire up the running/fog lights located on the Acura bumper. Understand that there are differences in DOT lighting requirements between countries, so what is legal in Canada for the EL may not be for the US. Granted, in many localities these laws aren't strictly enforced and is more dependent upon your state/jurisdiction safety inspection.

Since you drive a coupe, and the EL only is only available as a sedan, it's not possible to easily exchange tail lights between the two.

by "tunk" seats do you mean rear seats..?
I mean all seats. And the trunk lid

Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me
Wasn't helpful

when I Googled it this is what came up this page

Last edited by toyomatt84; 05-23-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So RSX seats are going to be the only USDM available Acura (easy) swaps out there, and they require modifications to fix. No USDM acura trunks will fit. (Note: Any seat will fit with the right rails and a welder on hand.)

DIY: RSX Seats in an EM2 [Archive] - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts

The rears are a little more involved, and you technically can only fit two in the back, but it's been done as well.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Sanji

Here's some of what you didn't read in the FAQ's thread:

Q: What parts can be used from the 2002-2005 Civic Si hatchbacks? (SiR in Canada)

- A: The front seats are almost a direct swap (minor drilling may be needed to adapt one of the holes in the seat brackets), but the rear seats need some more advanced modifications. The cluster needs modifications on both the wiring and some trimming around the bezel, but can work if you're willing to put in the effort. The shift boot has been known to work, if you don't mind trimming some of the rubber.

Q: What parts can be used from the 2002-2006 RSX?

- A: The front seats require small modifications to the brackets to fit (stock EM2 brackets have been known to work, if you don't mind taking apart 4 seats to do the swap). The rear seats require small amounts of trimming to fit. The steering wheel is a direct swap. The dash and center console can be swapped in with minor alterations. The cluster swap is listed below.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Odoug Douglas
Wasn't helpful
What's with the attitude? Not my fault you're a simp.

Here, since you're too lazy to do it yourself:

FAQs asks you to Search prior to making a thread.

Search + "interchangeable" = https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...t-em2-2910904/

You're welcome.