Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

DIY Door lock switch?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default DIY Door lock switch?

Well I replaced my door lock cylinder but it fell into the door, so I was thinking of some kind of DIY lever that's remote operated and just pushes down/up on the lock from inside the car, like a DIY remote lock. Anyone ever try this or know a device that could? I think it would have to be something I make myself, and I know I can buy the actual wiring kit to do this but it seems so simple I thought I'd try. Here's a picture of what I mean

Old 04-02-2019, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY Door lock switch?

As opposed to removing the interior door panel to retrieve what you lost inside?
Old 04-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NDNV View Post
As opposed to removing the interior door panel to retrieve what you lost inside?
yeah you're right I went ahead and fixed it correctly, it shouldn't fall anymore

Old 04-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Zigory View Post
yeah you're right I went ahead and fixed it correctly, it shouldn't fall anymore
Actually my post was meant as a question as opposed to a statement to better understand your train of thought but all's good if you got it figured out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: