Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
Honda-Tech Member
 
bomerman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 169
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

^no I mean the map sensor which is on top of the intake mani to the right of the throttle body and the Throttle Position Sensor which is on the throttle body and you do not have a timming chain it is a belt
bomerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #27
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland Empire, California
Posts: 17
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by theineffable View Post
i agree! i guess in this case a simpler compression check is enough though. i'm surprised the mechanic didn't do one since was highly likely the valves would have gotten bent if the timing was wrong.
I'm going to have my buddy do the compression test this weekend and hopefully thats the problem. I guess he just assumed that would fix it.
GeorgeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #28
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland Empire, California
Posts: 17
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomerman19 View Post
^no I mean the map sensor which is on top of the intake mani to the right of the throttle body and the Throttle Position Sensor which is on the throttle body and you do not have a timming chain it is a belt
GeorgeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #29
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland Empire, California
Posts: 17
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Oh I'm not sure about those sensors.. I'm going to check them myself.. And sorry it is a belt not a chain.
GeorgeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #30
Honda-Tech Member
 
jdmhondaes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 77
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

how many miles are on the car? i've seen cars with about 100k miles or more and the fuel injectors are shot. If one or more of those are bad then it will casue a misfire.....make sure those are good
jdmhondaes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland Empire, California
Posts: 17
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhondaes1 View Post
how many miles are on the car? i've seen cars with about 100k miles or more and the fuel injectors are shot. If one or more of those are bad then it will casue a misfire.....make sure those are good
The car has over 150k miles on it..
GeorgeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
Honda-Tech Member
 
jdmhondaes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 77
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

i would take those out and check them to make sure they are not blocked or corroded or something like that. Might as well if you haven't figured out whats wrong with it.
jdmhondaes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #33
Honda-Tech Member
 
bomerman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 169
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

electric jewlery cleaner can of seafoam and drop the injectors in for about an hour
bomerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #34
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland Empire, California
Posts: 17
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Ok guys so heres the update.. I had the car towed to my buddy's spot and while I was there he did a compression test. The No.1 - No.2 - and No.3 cylinder didnt even move the needle on his guage.. the No.4 cylinder held at about 150.

He said he had to go in and see what the damage was gonna be. Anyone have any guesses?
GeorgeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #35
Honda-Tech Member
 
jdmhondaes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 77
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

could be a piston ring or a valve not completely seating
jdmhondaes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Honda-Tech Member
 
skracer13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: graham, nc, alamance
Posts: 113
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurns View Post
Ok guys so heres the update.. I had the car towed to my buddy's spot and while I was there he did a compression test. The No.1 - No.2 - and No.3 cylinder didnt even move the needle on his guage.. the No.4 cylinder held at about 150.

He said he had to go in and see what the damage was gonna be. Anyone have any guesses?
Hate to tell you this but you probably have bent valves.
skracer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #37
Honda-Tech Member
 
theineffable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurns View Post
Ok guys so heres the update.. I had the car towed to my buddy's spot and while I was there he did a compression test. The No.1 - No.2 - and No.3 cylinder didnt even move the needle on his guage.. the No.4 cylinder held at about 150.

He said he had to go in and see what the damage was gonna be. Anyone have any guesses?
when your timing belt became damaged, your timing was thrown off. this caused your pistons to hit your valves. since you have a higher mileage engine, it's probably more worthwhile (and cheaper) to swap in a newer engine.

btw, you need to find a new mechanic. i can't believe the guy did so much work yet he still doesn't know what's wrong with the car.
theineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
Trial User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Icon7 Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

I hope I am not hijacking the tread, but my 2000 Accord (2.3L) also has the check engine light that comes on now and then and when checked, it's the same code. What puzzles me is that I have changed ALL the basics except the fuel filter and injectors. My car has 220k, runs fine, but has deminished MPG's and sometimes at idle, it sounds like my wires are crossed (other times, when cold and at random, it sounds great). Every once in a while, coming to a stoplight, it acts as if it's going to die at idle and is idling even more rough.... anyway, I can continue rambling about it, can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you ALL in advance.

Clem
autobahn_clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
Trial User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

I'm having the same thing going on with my car at first i thought it was the o2 sensors.replaced them then no change. then i had a code p0172 so i went to autozone and we down a list on what it could be. we came down to the fuel injectors so i just replaced them,and the car is still running like poo. now it has a code p0301 miss fire on 1 cylinder.... now what iv done b4 this problem. iv changed the timing belt about 6 months ago. iv had a small leak in the head gasket that's been getting worse. i was going to do a engine swap but i thought it would be to hard to do. so im about to take the head off and change the head gasket and get the head resurfaced and valve job. does anyone know if im just wasting my time or just go through with it. oh yeah i have a 2003 honda civic lx 1.7 with 281000 on it

Last edited by pos2003; 03-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.
pos2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #40
Honda-Tech Member
 
zcmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA, United States
Posts: 299
Default Re: Code P0301 Misfire on Cylinder 1.. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos2003 View Post
I'm having the same thing going on with my car at first i thought it was the o2 sensors.replaced them then no change. then i had a code p0172 so i went to autozone and we down a list on what it could be. we came down to the fuel injectors so i just replaced them,and the car is still running like poo. now it has a code p0301 miss fire on 1 cylinder.... now what iv done b4 this problem. iv changed the timing belt about 6 months ago. iv had a small leak in the head gasket that's been getting worse. i was going to do a engine swap but i thought it would be to hard to do. so im about to take the head off and change the head gasket and get the head resurfaced and valve job. does anyone know if im just wasting my time or just go through with it. oh yeah i have a 2003 honda civic lx 1.7 with 281000 on it
In my opinion it will be cheaper to do a engine swap
. Same happened to ny 98 civic lx it had bad valves
and to fix everything it was gonna cost 800
so I just swapped a new motor.
zcmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
p1399 and p0301 p0302 VTECSKOL Honda Prelude 1 02-02-2016 04:46 PM
2002 Civic LX Cylinder 1 & 3 misfire gv642995 Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) 3 12-11-2015 07:49 AM
98 Civic LX - Cylinders misfiring as well as P1399 code.. Need HELP ASAP DaMonkeyManJD Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 20 12-22-2014 03:32 PM
Random multiple misfire on 2003 Civic EX Coupe when warm. Yuen001 Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) 34 11-10-2013 12:10 PM
HELP!!! 97 EK COUPE Y8 CODES P0301,P1399 rex89sir2 Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 2 05-23-2013 02:03 AM


Tags
1979, 2000, 2003, camaro, civic, code, common, determine, distributor, honda, misfire, p0301, pilot, po301, s2000, vs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:36 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: