Aftermarket speakers - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Aftermarket speakers

Old 03-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Aftermarket speakers

So I have a 2004 Honda civic ex Coupe that I recently swapped the radio out on. I have now a Kenwood Excelon DPX793BH and I want to swap out the factory speakers because frankly, they suck. I dont want to spend all this money on speakers for them not to work either so any suggestions would be great. (First time with a speaker swap be nice)

Last edited by RealGingerHacks; 03-12-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-15-2019, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aftermarket speakers

Yeah, the speakers suck. I kept the headunit, but swapped the door speakers with 3-way Pioneers. Bit of work to make them fit clearance-wise. Sounds better to me and that was all I was willing to upgrade with the audio on this car.

Oh and I did get an AUX cord for smartphones that plugs into the CD Changer port in the back of the factory unit.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NDNV View Post
Yeah, the speakers suck. I kept the headunit, but swapped the door speakers with 3-way Pioneers. Bit of work to make them fit clearance-wise. Sounds better to me and that was all I was willing to upgrade with the audio on this car.

Oh and I did get an AUX cord for smartphones that plugs into the CD Changer port in the back of the factory unit.
what wattage did you stick with when swapping them and did you swap the tweeters if you had any
Old 03-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Best buy has inexpensive speakers. Kenwood KFC-1666R. if you look online though the weekly ads for your nearby location, you'll find them. I bought mine for $20. Are they the greatest? No, but its a whole lot better than stock, or in my case not having any at all (blown). Luckily i have the LX special edition with the double din unit that has the aux.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RealGingerHacks View Post
what wattage did you stick with when swapping them and did you swap the tweeters if you had any
Pioneer TS-A1672R (10 years old now and used in 2 vehicles) and doubt they sell them anymore but you get the idea https://www.crutchfield.com/S-P8ttUI...TS-A1672R.html
6 1/2 inch 3-way 220W
Freq response range is 30-28000Hz
Tweeter is built in

Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NDNV View Post
Pioneer TS-A1672R (10 years old now and used in 2 vehicles) and doubt they sell them anymore but you get the idea https://www.crutchfield.com/S-P8ttUI...TS-A1672R.html
6 1/2 inch 3-way 220W
Freq response range is 30-28000Hz
Tweeter is built in
I've been looking at pioneer, scosche, kicker, Sony snd at this point I dont wsnt to spend too much for them not to work at all so I've been looking for speakers under the 50w mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: