Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

2005 civic immobilizer bypass

Old 03-26-2019, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 2005 civic immobilizer bypass

We are in the process of building a 2005 to use for stock car racing and id like to remove the entire ignition and put it on a start button with a toggle switch the same way we have in the past with older models. Is there anything that can be done to the ECU or jumper harness that will bypass the key altogether? I did a forum search and see its a hot topic with stolen cars and I don't mind sending pics to prove this is for stock car racing to anyone willing to help out.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2005 civic immobilizer bypass

Just make sure you have an ecu and key that match (from same car). Ecu needs to see that key, so zip tie it to the antenna ring. I know the bmw guys send their ecus out and have anti-theft stuff removed, along with speed limiter. It's called ews delete. Because those cars have a seperate ews box (that is always going out) while the civic it is basically built into the key switch. Not sure if you can send out the honda ecu for immobilizer delete or not. It's designed to not run without the key present. So I doubt some youtube video saying to jump this or that will really work. I also doubt you can remove a chip from inside the ecu. You will also have other things to deal with, like the steering wheel lock and any wires that come from the switch. The 2 green plug wires that plug into the antenna ring are long enough to relocate to behind the dash.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2005 civic immobilizer bypass

[QUOTE=hondandy;51897620]Just make sure you have an ecu and key that match (from same car). Ecu needs to see that key, so zip tie it to the antenna ring. I know the bmw guys send their ecus out and have anti-theft stuff removed, along with speed limiter. It's called ews delete. Because those cars have a seperate ews box (that is always going out) while the civic it is basically built into the key switch. Not sure if you can send out the honda ecu for immobilizer delete or not. It's designed to not run without the key present. So I doubt some youtube video saying to jump this or that will really work. I also doubt you can remove a chip from inside the ecu. You will also have other things to deal with, like the steering wheel lock and any Thanks, The entire dash has been removed and a 4 point roll cage added. The keywires that come from the switch. The 2 green plug wires that plug into the antenna ring are long enough to relocate to behind the dash.[/Q

Thanks, the entire dash is gone and a 4 point roll cage has been added. The steering wheel lock is also gone and that section of linkage has been replaced to use a race wheel. We still have a bunch of dash wires that im going to start weeding out but im still stuck with this ignition switch and key..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: