Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2001-2005-78/)
-   -   2005 civic immobilizer bypass (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2001-2005-78/2005-civic-immobilizer-bypass-3335351/)

Mark Williams 03-26-2019 12:57 PM

2005 civic immobilizer bypass

We are in the process of building a 2005 to use for stock car racing and id like to remove the entire ignition and put it on a start button with a toggle switch the same way we have in the past with older models. Is there anything that can be done to the ECU or jumper harness that will bypass the key altogether? I did a forum search and see its a hot topic with stolen cars and I don't mind sending pics to prove this is for stock car racing to anyone willing to help out.

hondandy 03-27-2019 10:16 AM

Re: 2005 civic immobilizer bypass

Just make sure you have an ecu and key that match (from same car). Ecu needs to see that key, so zip tie it to the antenna ring. I know the bmw guys send their ecus out and have anti-theft stuff removed, along with speed limiter. It's called ews delete. Because those cars have a seperate ews box (that is always going out) while the civic it is basically built into the key switch. Not sure if you can send out the honda ecu for immobilizer delete or not. It's designed to not run without the key present. So I doubt some youtube video saying to jump this or that will really work. I also doubt you can remove a chip from inside the ecu. You will also have other things to deal with, like the steering wheel lock and any wires that come from the switch. The 2 green plug wires that plug into the antenna ring are long enough to relocate to behind the dash.

Mark Williams 03-27-2019 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=hondandy;51897620]Just make sure you have an ecu and key that match (from same car). Ecu needs to see that key, so zip tie it to the antenna ring. I know the bmw guys send their ecus out and have anti-theft stuff removed, along with speed limiter. It's called ews delete. Because those cars have a seperate ews box (that is always going out) while the civic it is basically built into the key switch. Not sure if you can send out the honda ecu for immobilizer delete or not. It's designed to not run without the key present. So I doubt some youtube video saying to jump this or that will really work. I also doubt you can remove a chip from inside the ecu. You will also have other things to deal with, like the steering wheel lock and any Thanks, The entire dash has been removed and a 4 point roll cage added. The keywires that come from the switch. The 2 green plug wires that plug into the antenna ring are long enough to relocate to behind the dash.[/Q

Thanks, the entire dash is gone and a 4 point roll cage has been added. The steering wheel lock is also gone and that section of linkage has been replaced to use a race wheel. We still have a bunch of dash wires that im going to start weeding out but im still stuck with this ignition switch and key..

Mark Williams 06-14-2019 08:23 PM

2005 civic immobilizer green key light not coming on the dash.

I'm in the process of reinstalling an interior harness and look to have everything hooked back up but I noticed the green immobilizer light on the cluster is not coming on at all. All of the interior powers up but we are not getting a starter or fuel pump.

Any ideas?