Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

03 honda civic oil in throttle body crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 honda civic oil in throttle body crank no start

so i was cruising on the freeway around 60 or 70 and all of a sudden I noticed loss of power, i pressed on the pedal gassing it and nothing would happen i look behind me and theres a huge amount of white smoke, i pulled to the side if the freeway and the car turned off now the car is at home as a crank no start but i did notice that there was oil in the throttle body and in the intake manifold so i guess the white smoke was oil burning I don’t know why this happened and don’t know how to fix it someone please help. The car has 235K miles and was maintenanced regularly.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 03 honda civic oil in throttle body crank no start

Do you have a hose running from valve cover to your intake piping? If so oil could have somehow went through that hose and into your intake piping causing it to go into your intake manifold.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:52 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by llongbrake
Do you have a hose running from valve cover to your intake piping? If so oil could have somehow went through that hose and into your intake piping causing it to go into your intake manifold.
Yes that hose from the valve cover is connected to the intake and the oil did go through there because that hose had oil in it.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay I have never heard of that happening but that's the only way I could think of oil getting into your intake. I would disconnect that hose from your intake and plug it.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Trial User

Okay I have never heard of that happening but that's the only way I could think of oil getting into your intake. I would disconnect that hose from your intake and plug it.
i did but I don’t know what to do now because the car doesn’t start when i crank it, it sounds weak. And the spark plugs get wet.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Oscarperez99

i did but I don’t know what to do now because the car doesn’t start when i crank it, it sounds weak. And the spark plugs get wet.
depending on how much oil is in your intake manifold you will have to take it off and let the oil out. Because instead of air getting into the combustion chamber, oil is getting in there. Basically oil took place of the air lol. .
Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Trial User

depending on how much oil is in your intake manifold you will have to take it off and let the oil out. Because instead of air getting into the combustion chamber, oil is getting in there. Basically oil took place of the air lol. .
but does this all mean my motor is blown? Or just PCV valve failure? Because I’m planning on selling the car but if it’s a considerable easy fix then ill fix it myself but i need to know whats wrong with it.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Oscarperez99

but does this all mean my motor is blown? Or just PCV valve failure? Because I’m planning on selling the car but if it’s a considerable easy fix then ill fix it myself but i need to know whats wrong with it.
nothing is really wrong with it lol. You just have oil on your pistons and in your intake manifold. Because fuel and air go into the combustion chamber when the valves open. And then valves open when the lobes on your cam hits the valve spring. So when those valves were opening instead of fuel and air going in. It was fuel and oil lol. Just pull off your intake manifold and get as much oil out as you can. You can also go buy a pump that made to pump tranny fluid or something along those lines. Take out each spark plug. And pump the oil out of the combustion chamber. Just get enough oil out the where it will start. Once it starts the car will burn the rest of the oil out buy itself. Your motor is not damaged at all.
​​​​​
Old 02-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Trial User

nothing is really wrong with it lol. You just have oil on your pistons and in your intake manifold. Because fuel and air go into the combustion chamber when the valves open. And then valves open when the lobes on your cam hits the valve spring. So when those valves were opening instead of fuel and air going in. It was fuel and oil lol. Just pull off your intake manifold and get as much oil out as you can. You can also go buy a pump that made to pump tranny fluid or something along those lines. Take out each spark plug. And pump the oil out of the combustion chamber. Just get enough oil out the where it will start. Once it starts the car will burn the rest of the oil out buy itself. Your motor is not damaged at all.
​​​​​
i would do what you say but when i look through the spark plug holes the combustion chamber doesn’t look completely flooded in oil like puddles i can see the top of the pisto and it does look a little wet but I doubt a pump would make it dry. Ive tried cranking the car without the soark plugs in and pulled out the injector fuse so that when i crank the engine can spit out the oil and fuel but after that it still won’t turn on.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

compression test to see if something is wrong with the motor after checking to be sure mechanical timing is spot on
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

​​​​​
How
Old 02-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JPat
How
what do you mean how? Because he was sacking oil through his damn intake manifold!