Notices
Honda City All versions/generations of the Honda City

Poor GPS reception and dodgy navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor GPS reception and dodgy navigation

Hi I recently bought the 2017 city which came with the built in sat nav called Digi pad head unit. Lately my gps is has stopped getting fixed it it constantly show searching for gps . A factory reset does get it working but only for few days & it goes back to searching for gps. The service center has been of no help they simply check the shark fin antenna and tell me its fine but are unable to tell me why its not getting a fix I have tried replacing the SD card for the navigation with my other car it works fin in the other one I have already taken my to 3 different authorised service centers. I even tried it with the car idling in open field It did get a fix after 45 minutes but as soon as I started to drive after 15 it went back to square one . I wanted to install a external antenna but the service chaps say that will void my warranty . Now what should I do ?
Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Re: Poor GPS reception and dodgy navigation

Keep pestering them to replace it.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After speaking to the head of service department I was able to make them remove the head unit and install it another vehicle and vice a versa end result my AVN unit did not work in the other car and neither that one in my car while it worked well in the third car so they concluded that there is some thing wrong in the head unit as well as in the antenna (according to them there are two gps antenna which I found to be strange check the pics of the AVN connector rails there is no wiring diagram on the unit.) or its wiring loom. They have put up the case with Honda and are awaiting instructions. The head unit is a Premium sound solutions manufactured model 3940.
Attached Images   
Old 12-16-2017, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got word from Honda after checking with PSS the oem suplier of the system they would like to replace the GPS antenna first if not then the head unit. I agreed to give it a try and got the antenna replaced yesterday .The system is working now but I haven't got a chance to try out on a long drive .
Attached Images