Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel question

I bought 2 of these wheels and i cant find a manufacturer on them, the only thing i know is they are all chrome (somone painted the lip) they are 14x6 and i have the part number off the bolt flange and the DOT #s off of them; any help would be majorly appriciated, ive asked about 30 people for the last year and cant get a straight answer.

8-20-02 i assume is build date 14x6 is size and everything else i assume is DOT related.

Part number 35228N42

General apperance minus black lip
Old 02-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Master Ninja

Default Re: Wheel question

They look like regular old steelies. Look's like someone decided to polish the middle.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like a generic trailer wheel that places like Summit used to offer.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There not stock steelies the holes are to big and there drilled around the edge like a fake bead lock. Trailer wheels are a possibility never really thought of that but how would i find out who sells steel chrome trailer wheels with a 14x6 size that much offset?

The orher thing is ive never seen a rim like this with that face, all the wheels i find like this are dished the oppisite way, so im kinda still stuck

Last edited by toyomatt84; 02-23-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So before my thread was stolen from someone who must not be literate; considering this is a thread for my wheels. Not a classified thread... Im currently trying to hunt down and buy 2 more; wether they be used/new whatever. And seeing as how ive heard a bunch of hype about how great HONDA-TECH is i figured i could get a couple good paths to search from.... Since it seems as though most people on here ive been told can seach out anything made for or put on/into a honda. Anyone on here able to help or is this another website ive wasted my time on?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Sanji

Originally Posted by Junk93Civic
So before my thread was stolen from someone who must not be literate; considering this is a thread for my wheels. Not a classified thread... Im currently trying to hunt down and buy 2 more; wether they be used/new whatever. And seeing as how ive heard a bunch of hype about how great HONDA-TECH is i figured i could get a couple good paths to search from.... Since it seems as though most people on here ive been told can seach out anything made for or put on/into a honda. Anyone on here able to help or is this another website ive wasted my time on?
I don't see how its our fault you can't find information on your wheels. I do believe that is an issue you have with yourself. Not only did I mention what I thought they were, but also a site where they were available long ago (meaning that you'd be stuck searching used marketplaces for replacements).
Old 02-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. I didn say it was ur fault. #2 the point of a forum originaly was to get help/answers on problems. #3 i figured someone on here with all the people wanting to what i refer as soup up/rice out/race there hondas i figured i could get some close anwsers, its a set of wheels with a part number i figured computer savy/honda people would no or be able to figure it out since all the info is there and good clear pics. Especially considering the past 3 people these perticuar wheels came from called them drag rims and they had BFG ET Slicks on them. And lastly i barely know how to use the internet, so i was attempting to get some help from people who do. And ive searched trailer rim companys, called trailer dealers, Ben Hurr Trailers, called summit, jegs, jc whitney, walmart (who has a small car rim section), MONRO, tire discounters, google, ebay, TPR (Fairfield OH). With no luck. So what do you suggest?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Sanji

1. I didn say it was ur fault.
You mentioned it might have been a waste of time registering here, which implies that it would be our fault for not providing the information you demanded.

#2 the point of a forum originaly was to get help/answers on problems.
That's not strictly accurate, but that can be misconstrued through perception.

#3 i figured someone on here with all the people wanting to what i refer as soup up/rice out/race there hondas i figured i could get some close anwsers, its a set of wheels with a part number i figured computer savy/honda people would no or be able to figure it out since all the info is there and good clear pics. Especially considering the past 3 people these perticuar wheels came from called them drag rims and they had BFG ET Slicks on them. And lastly i barely know how to use the internet, so i was attempting to get some help from people who do. And ive searched trailer rim companys, called trailer dealers, Ben Hurr Trailers, called summit, jegs, jc whitney, walmart (who has a small car rim section), MONRO, tire discounters, google, ebay, TPR (Fairfield OH). With no luck. So what do you suggest?
A 6" wide wheel really isn't all that wide, when considering that the car can fit an 8" wide wheel. Also, a chrome-plated steel wheel holds no performance value over an alloy wheel unless you're considering taking up dirt track racing or the demolition derby. Plus, that part number isn't Honda-Specific, so its not like that information can help in a Honda Parts catalog.

As I stated earlier, I believe those are wheels that Summit Racing USED to offer... meaning your only options are going to be second-hand market, to try and find another pair of those wheels.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Master Ninja

It's going to be very difficult to find info on those wheels OP. It doesn't matter were you look. Those wheels look extremely generic and not something a lot of people would have on there Honda or any car. Why not just buy diff wheels? Those things look fugly (sorry just my oppinion)
Old 02-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

toyomatt you can stop being a douchebag at any time. The point of a forum 90% of the time is for questions to get answered. #2 i never demanded information i simply asked and talked to a few people who were able to offer suggestions which i took into consideration; and it didnt get me any further. #3 it was a large waste of time. #4 ive been working on vehicles for over 13yrs and never once found a part with a part number i couldnt come up with except for these wheels. #5 i never once said they were a wide wheel. #6 im not into hondas for the cool fast or what the hell ever everybody thinks or wants them to be i bought it as a gas getter since i commute 75 mi. A day, and i needed a 4 door car to haul my son in seeing how my lifted 4x4 truck with locked differentials and 33" tires was not near as fesiable; and considering i picked the car up cheap, swaped it to a V-Tec car rebuilt the engine and did all the suspension work and put brand new tires on it all for under $900. And i had 2 stock steelies that were bent i picked up these chrome wheels that have larger holes than factory steelies. Have drilled holes all around them almost like an Outlaw II or a Pierce Wheel if you know what either of them are; for $40. I figured i could find 2 more to match. And i think there better looking than stock steelies and i like old school looking wheels and these somewhat replicate that. And if your on here just to try to boost your ego or whatever u can leave my thread the **** alone i came here as a new member expecting this to be a repreable sote with nice people and already 1 member has basically ruined me from being here. I figured to be greeted with at least some help not ********!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Master Ninja

Oh lawed
Old 02-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Sanji

toyomatt you can stop being a douchebag at any time.
I'm not sure where you pulled that from, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The point of a forum 90% of the time is for questions to get answered.
That's a rather random statistic, but whatever you want to think is fine with me.

#2 i never demanded information i simply asked and talked to a few people who were able to offer suggestions which i took into consideration; and it didnt get me any further.
One of these said people was me, even if you chose to ignore it.

#3 it was a large waste of time.
Again, this is your opinion. At least you got some sort of clues, to help reduce the number of options they could be.

#4 ive been working on vehicles for over 13yrs and never once found a part with a part number i couldnt come up with except for these wheels.
That's definitely limited to your experience, then... because I've been working on cars for over 16 years and have come across dozens of part numbers without any database to match them. Not trying to create a pissing match, just stating a fact.

#5 i never once said they were a wide wheel.
You were stating that these particular wheels were used in a drag racing application, and that's rather unlikely given the fact that most drag racing oriented wheels are much wider.

#6 im not into hondas for the cool fast or what the hell ever everybody thinks or wants them to be i bought it as a gas getter since i commute 75 mi. A day, and i needed a 4 door car to haul my son in seeing how my lifted 4x4 truck with locked differentials and 33" tires was not near as fesiable; and considering i picked the car up cheap, swaped it to a V-Tec car rebuilt the engine and did all the suspension work and put brand new tires on it all for under $900. And i had 2 stock steelies that were bent i picked up these chrome wheels that have larger holes than factory steelies. Have drilled holes all around them almost like an Outlaw II or a Pierce Wheel if you know what either of them are; for $40. I figured i could find 2 more to match. And i think there better looking than stock steelies and i like old school looking wheels and these somewhat replicate that.
That's fine and all, but you may want to keep in mind that heavier steel wheels will rob you of some fuel economy when compared to a lighter alloy (not that you were asking that question, but its food for thought). Also, I can't see any lug seats on those wheels... are they conical or ball-type seats? Because running a ball-seat lug nut (what the factory wheels should have come with) on a conical seat wheel, is a bad idea.

And if your on here just to try to boost your ego or whatever u can leave my thread the **** alone i came here as a new member expecting this to be a repreable sote with nice people and already 1 member has basically ruined me from being here. I figured to be greeted with at least some help not ********!
Well, I dedicate my time here as a staff member, and have been for over a decade. I offered you some sort of insight, and you threw it back in my face stating that it was a waste of time. But hey, if you want to focus your anger on me, that's fine. I guess some people don't like honest answers, when they're not to their liking.

(Check to see if they aren't Cragar Quick Trick's mounted backwards: M U S T A N G - I N S I D E ? Thema anzeigen - vier Cragar Quick Trick Felgen 14x6 4-Lug )