Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

say hello to my new car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default say hello to my new car!

well... i sold my da after the tranny went out. it was sad to let it go but in the end, i was pretty happy to have it gone and not have to worry about it. so i just picked up this milano red 99 civic ex coupae. its bone stock, surprisingly has a clean title, im the 3rd owner, low miles, clean inside and out.

after i got it home i detailed the whole car. interior, engine bay and exterior. did a tune up, with new ngk vpower plugs, dizzy cap, rotor, and ignition coil. runs really smooth. week after i got it i had lojack installed (a must on any honda), 2 days ago i hit a pot hole and had to get an alignment. luckily nothing was bent. other then that... just been doing alot of detail and touch up work.

i dont really have many plans for this car since it is my daily driver. i want to do function from type 2.5 coilovers, oem si/ctr grill, oem si/ctr lip, mabe some visors, and rims of course. just keeping it simple. anyways... heres some pics. hope you guys like it

Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: say hello to my new car!

damn i like that bling bling valve cover
Old 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ lol
Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Clean bay
Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jonesEK
damn i like that bling bling valve cover
lol, thanks. took me along time to polish it. i worked all the way up to 2500 grit wet sanding.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow man congrats on the new car! There's nothing like buying a mint stock Honda is there?

Oh, and I'm wanting to do that same thing with my VC...You have any more work in progress pics?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol it is way nice having a new clean straight car. unlike my da haha. sorry i dont have anymore pics as far as the valve cover, but if you are interested in polishing yours i can tell you how...

get some, mothers mag and aluminum polish from auto zone

start off by sanding the valve cover with 220 to get it straight, then start wet sanding with 320,400,500,800,1000,1500,2000,2500. once everything is sanded. get a sock or mico fiber rag, get some of the mothers aluminum polish and rub away!

and power tools are youre friends, electric hand sander, drill with a power polishing ball
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good! =D
Old 03-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam son is that a milano red civic? only a couple hundred thousand of those were made. bitches gonna be throwin panties at you!
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello new car
Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Should of polished the heat shield and painted the VC!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

today i cleaned up my heat shield and polished it... its not as shiney as the VC but looks alot better. needed to use a wire wheel to get off rust, ill have a pic up tomaro. also getting pretty good gasmileage, so far im at 253 miles and i have a 1/4 of a tank left, thats all city driving too! yesterday i seafoamed my motor, runs alot smoother. i think next im going to polish my muffler and do a tranny fluid change for good measure
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

good start.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

clean. i like the color
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for all the comments guys

as you know i did a quick polish on my heat shield. but also i have noticed a slight issue with the lights dimming when accessories get turned on. also at idle my front map lights flicker a bit when turned on. i know this isnt a big deal and im probably just freaking out but after installing my subwoofers (stinger amp wire kit, 2 jbl 12'' subs and jbl 300 watt amp) that this "dimming/flickering" has grown some what.

my friend told me about thease "voltage stabilizers" so of course i had to research it. i found out on several you tube videos, forums, and articles how they work. and it seems as though it does help out alot. so for my situation im going to be buying "pivot mega raizin voltage stabilizer". it seems like it will help out alot, especially since the batteries in thease cars are sort of small.

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/VS-M

in the mean time, today i started playing around with my ground wires, took the oem ground wire that connects from the VC to the core suppor and replaced it with a ground wire i made out of 6 gauge copper speaker wire, strong heavy duty terminals, and heat shrink. i then took the oem ground and put it on my intake manifold and connected it to the fire wall. so far i havent really noticed a difference but it will work for now.

picture time

also if anyone has more info on thease voltage stabilizers (or the pivot one im interested in) let me know what you have to say
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also, im starting to get really annoyed at my polished valve cover. its a complete bit*h to maintain so im thinking about just painting it VHT but im not sure yet on what color i should paint it.... any ideas?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

put a K20 in there, problem solved.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe he likes his single cam. i enjoy my single cam. boost is always nice too even with a/c and p/s

paint it the vht black. it should wrinkle pretty good. throw a few coats on it.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Donnie-
maybe he likes his single cam. i enjoy my single cam. boost is always nice too even with a/c and p/s

paint it the vht black. it should wrinkle pretty good. throw a few coats on it.
indeed, i love my single slapper! i got 302 miles in one tank all city driving. as for the VC, i just got my hands on an electric sander so im going to try to floss this bieetch out some more.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, for you people with 96-00 civic coupes that dont have floor mats... you can get all 4 oem floor mats for 116$. my car didnt have any when i got it.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by switchjv
Hello new car
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well.. a quick update. i buffed my car by hand yesterday using micro fiber rags and meguiars swirl x swirl remover. who ever buffed this car before did a bad job. in the sunlight you could see all of the swirl marks. also, i started messing around with my trunk leak. i think its coming from the tail light gaskets on the trunk itself, so i resealed them and moved around the trunk seal. so far i havent noticed anything but ill find out after it rains tonight. picsssss.. enjoy!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i think i found the leak in my trunk.. it is near where the the trunk gasket seal is.. there is some body panels that overlap and have seam sealer over them which is kind of old and cracked so some hairline cracks were visible from where the body panels were connected by seam sealer. i watched as the watter went into the crack and dripped inside the corners of the trunk. i bought some self leveling silicone and sealed it up.. i hope this works.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys, mabe you can help me understand this a little better but... for a few days ive been doing research on 96-00 civics coupes and hatches, also looking at picture threads to get an idea as to what i would like my car to look like, just for a basic idea. almost everytime im searching the web and reading articles and forums on ek civics or whatever i always see this "ek squad" mentioned. does anyone know if this is just a small sort of forum group/ community specifically for 96-00 civic owners? is there a way i could join it? they seem to have lots of nice cars and i like the style of almost every single one. sorry for such a noob-ish post.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a pretty exclusive group of cars and people. Most of them have a rediculous amount of money into there cars. It is a hatchback only group. They do have a thread on this forum that has some good pics that can help with ideas and inspiration on your build. Good luck with your build, Valve cover looks great.

Quick Reply: say hello to my new car!