Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (fluxion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fluxion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

need's altezzas and a carbon fiber hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And some Rotas.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (fluxion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fluxion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And the mAd tYt3 CF lip and Mugen kit yO!

Can somebody chop-chop those things into the Maca?
Old 08-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (Starscream)

It's worth it if you get some enjoyment out of it
Old 08-15-2003, 07:27 PM

The whole body is carbon fiber already
Old 08-15-2003, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (psdvette)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by psdvette &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The whole body is carbon fiber already </TD></TR></TABLE>

I CAN'T believe I forgot that. on me.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (Starscream)

Hey man i know how you feel. I think we all go through that phase where we have to sit down and really think about what were doing with our lives and money. I guess what you really need to ask yourself is what would you spend your money on if you werent into cars?

The options vary depending on age, but since im young I know I would probably waste most of my money on girls,clothes, and fun(oh and probably some stuff for me too ) However if you have the will power to actually put money in the bank than go for it
Old 08-15-2003, 08:31 PM
ViZ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (slow_a$$_eg)

i dont look at building my honda as a money investment... i do it because i enjoy it and i love the thrill my bb1 prelude gives me on a curvy track
Old 08-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (ViZ)

I thought modding a honda wasn't a bad idea, until someone stole it!!!!
so my current car is absolutely stock...even a stock honda is actually not as save as it would be.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (xanctus)

I love it and it keeps me out of trouble. I will always love it.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (xanctus)

having a car is like having a kid. why have a kid ya know? just a money pit. but then you look at the kid and know they are yours and you love em. kinda like a car. you look at your honda knowing you've spent so much time and money into that thing and thats worth it all in my opinion. knowing its yours, not like anyone else's.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (smallttocs)

i think you grow out of it after awhile
after all the stuff i did, i liked i for a min , and i liked gettin jocked
but in the end i always wish had my money back

but honestly its an addiction. sell your honda....buy another car, i dare you
it wont stay stock long......
Old 08-16-2003, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (vtecnologist1)

I do it for fun. I like cars and Honda = decent performance at an affordable price with great potential. As long as I can afford to (and it doesn't actually hinder my quality of life), I'll probably be modifying some type of car. Expensive as it is, it still is a great hobby. It's taught me how to save money, have goals (of sorts...), use better planning, and be more imaginitive...aside from being just damn fun. I don't wanna make jugdements but it sounds like you're worried that Honda isn't the "trend" anymore and Nissan is; therefore, you're questioning whether or not you should get a 240 instead of "wasting" money on a Honda. If that's the case, then maybe cars isn't your thing.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:21 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (slow_a$$_eg)

its not worth it if your even thinking about that.

if I had the money i'd drop it on my car in a second,
because I love my car.

It has NOTHING to do with how much the car is worth,
its because its my favorite friggin car.

asking a question like this is retarded... obviously its not worth it to you, so dont spend that much
Old 08-16-2003, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (Tad)

I think its worth it. Most mods you can take out return to stock later on. But think twice on what you want or you might regret it.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:25 AM

Anything that makes you happy is justifiable for exactly that... it just makes you happy!! I know when I put money into my car at least I have something tangible to show for it. I know myself enough to say that I would probably throw my money away partying or going out regularly not remembering where the hell my paycheck went.

I love 240's, but the price range between EF's, EG's , DA's and DC's ( the Honda's that are primarily driven by our knd of crowd) is comparable to that of S13's and S14's. All in all when it comes to mods... you'd be in the same boat.

Givin your honda love =
Old 08-16-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Is it really worth it to spend all that money on your Honda? (baytall79)

**** yea it's worth it. Maybe if you USED your Honda (maybe you do?) that you built, than you'd love it 20 times more. I hope I never get sick of this ****, weather it be Honda's or Bently's, I always like doing **** to a car that makes me like it even more. Honda especially, the potential in handling on the DC, EG, EK chasis can't be beat.

If you think like that than to me you shouldn't be into it because I know for a fact even if you do keep modding you'll get out of it in a few years max. New cars blow *****. The only new car I wouldn't be scared of buying would be a Honda (s2k, NSX, RSX, etc. etc.) Maybee 350Z and g35 but those are pretty damn new gotta wait n see how they hold up. After that it's the 90k+ cars (except z06) that are good new because there so worth the preformance.

Now imagine you just had let's say a 4runner, and you never got into modding, you would definetly be bored a lot more. Spend money on clothes, food, and pointless money on girls most probably. I get too excited when I see something like this so I could go on forever or just type random things that come to my head...
Old 08-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Big Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_a$$_eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lately I have been looking at this issue, and since paint will cost 3 g's and rims 2 g's, brakes 1 g... my car isnt even WORTH that much... i would much rather drive a stock 240sx or something... how do you justify modding your honda?

yes, its just one of those days </TD></TR></TABLE>

its not worth it. hondas have the worst hp/dollar than anything else. their engines are **** weak too.