Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Post your TE37's (Rota Grids also welcomed)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (JDMDC4..)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDC4.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should of just ask for Real Volks, no point in seeing fake **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

rolls eyes

Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Post your TE37's (NrG)

my rotas

Old 06-11-2006, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Post your TE37's (BoostedJeff)

these are classic.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your TE37's (LiL_Shaun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiL_Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if i put volk stickers on grids and you cant tell the difference whether its real or fake? besides the fact that you paid alot more for yours...i mean i like OG rims too, but only if theyre truly rare, such as spoons or mugens...but when u pay 3 times as much for something thats still in high supply just because of a brand name...and you had the option to buy something cheaper that looks almost exactly the same and use the rest of the money for something else, its just stupid..</TD></TR></TABLE>

People put the Volk rays deals on their rota grids. and hey I think they look great they fool me sometimes until I remember to check the bolt pattern

look at my real TEs. carefully compare the position of the 4 bolt pattern to the rotas.

Real TEs bolt pattern does NOT line up with the spokes. they are off center.

Rotas DO line up with the spokes

Real TEs

Rotas

here I made a quick reference guide. Real Volks on the Left and Rotas on the right.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rodrez car is money!!! straight baddass
Old 06-11-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Re: (black cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalHorizon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And what if there's nothing else you'd rather use the rest of the money on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If theres nothing else youd rather spend your money on then thats all you...Im just sayin this for the arguement that the volks arent worth 3 times the price if all you want is some new rims

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
to some people, we dont buy rims for the looks. I -for one- buy them for quality and specs. real te37 are forged, rotas version isn't. There's a reason why they cost "3 times" more.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The majority of people buy rims for looks, not functionality...cuz if that were so, the majority of people here would be rollin on the smallest rims they can find...but you dont see too many people rollin on aftermarket 13's so that proves my point

Yes i agree, the Volks ARE made alot better than the rotas, and i understand why it is so much more, but like i said the majority of people buy rims for looks, not functionality, which is why i said i dont see a point in paying 3x as much for the same look

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why don't you buy a Kia? looks almost like a honda and the mpg is about the same.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well if thats the case why are you rolling around in a Honda/Acura? Why dont you spend the extra money and get a ferrari since you believe that spending more makes your purchase better and more justified

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Solscud007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
People put the Volk rays deals on their rota grids. and hey I think they look great they fool me sometimes until I remember to check the bolt pattern
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree they look great, but people who are looking for new rims to make their car "look" better should realize that a 1/2" off bolt pattern isnt worth paying an assload amount more...not imo anyway

Im not tryna start another rota vs. everything else arguement on here, i just dont get why people think of other brands such as volk so highly
Old 06-12-2006, 12:11 AM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (LiL_Shaun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiL_Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The majority of people buy rims for looks, not functionality...cuz if that were so, the majority of people here would be rollin on the smallest rims they can find...but you dont see too many people rollin on aftermarket 13's so that proves my point

Yes i agree, the Volks ARE made alot better than the rotas, and i understand why it is so much more, but like i said the majority of people buy rims for looks, not functionality, which is why i said i dont see a point in paying 3x as much for the same look

Well if thats the case why are you rolling around in a Honda/Acura? Why dont you spend the extra money and get a ferrari since you believe that spending more makes your purchase better and more justified
</TD></TR></TABLE>

smaller wheels means nothing. I'm not sure about you, but I dont drive a torqueless car. so 17"-18" rims are perfectlly fine for my car. bigger and nicer cars come with 18 and 19" stock NOW!
also, this forums is full of ricers that loves the attention.

i used to roll in a honda/acura, but i've seen the light and have choosen a much better automobile. I'm not going back and you have to pay to play.

majority of people are idiots and posers. You should look at the volks i posted, they're mag volks and alittle curbed. they're used 100% for the tracks; not for bling like the rest of the sheeps on this forum. You know how many people would cry if they curb their volks? babies

I'm not here to knock on knockoffs. I'm going to be buying a set of knockoff just for track. curb them, crack them, break them. i wouldn't care. But there are people out there that would cry when they curb their cheap wheels LOL.

When you work on cars, do you use cheap tools you picked up at autozone? or good tools you trust that are built correctly?
I'm sure you wouldn't use a torque wrenched you rented at autozone to put together your engine block. haha

there's a reason why things cost more and things cost less. it's how this world market work. for me, you get what you pay for on cheap stuff. Everything that i buy, i buy for quality and useage, i dont buy it because "it's cool".

edit: just did a small search on you. You are the majority of sheeps that have no clue about cars, and just do what they see and hear. basicly a poser. I notice that you're interested in color LCA.
i'm sure you have no real reason why you're changing your suspension to aftermarket. maybe you just think it's "cool"

Modified by NrG at 1:24 AM 6/12/2006
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiL_Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If theres nothing else youd rather spend your money on then thats all you...Im just sayin this for the arguement that the volks arent worth 3 times the price if all you want is some new rims

I agree they look great, but people who are looking for new rims to make their car "look" better should realize that a 1/2" off bolt pattern isnt worth paying an assload amount more...not imo anyway

Im not tryna start another rota vs. everything else arguement on here, i just dont get why people think of other brands such as volk so highly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you are satisfied with substandard quality then. thats you. Take Rolex vs a seiko. They are both watches. Seiko makes a watch that virtually looks similarr to a rolex. but is it a Rolex? no. There arre Rolex replicas out there and you could pose to have the look. but why? get the real deal they hold their value and last a lifetime.

Seriously there is a difference. You seem to focus soley on the looks. People who are knowledgeable can spot fakes. i see fake TE37s all the time. most of the wheels i see are rotas. But I know my wheels are stronger and lighter. Im lucky i didint pay an "*** load" for mine. it came with the car for free. (bought my GSR off a guy and he decided to leave the volks on without raising the price)
Old 06-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Solscud007)

I buy my wheels for looks.

I refuse to spend $400 on wheels that look like poo. I'd rather spend $2000 on wheels that look nice than waste $400 on wheels that like .
Old 06-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiL_Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not tryna start another rota vs. everything else arguement on here, i just dont get why people think of other brands such as volk so highly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn us for thinking highly of parts that are made and look better.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiL_Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If theres nothing else youd rather spend your money on then thats all you...Im just sayin this for the arguement that the volks arent worth 3 times the price if all you want is some new rims</TD></TR></TABLE>

All I wanted were new wheels, and Volks were worth every penny to me (they were 4 times the price in my case).
Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your TE37's (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't give a **** about jdm, rota, usdm, or anything in between. I loved these wheels forever so I bought them from an HT member. Suck it Trebek.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

such a sick hatch
Old 06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (digitalHorizon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalHorizon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I buy my wheels for looks.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You buy it to sleep with the ladies
Old 06-12-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Post your TE37's (rodrez.)

excuse me... I don't mean to interupt.
but does anyone know where the bathroom is? ...or should I just sh*t here?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Post your TE37's (B18ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">excuse me... I don't mean to interupt.
but does anyone know where the bathroom is? ...or should I just sh*t here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too late.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your TE37's (BoostedJeff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my rotas

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are those?

Like 14's?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it definitely looks like it in the rear huh
Old 06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
shynop

Default Re: Post your TE37's (FR-MOB: Mr. Lucky)

chrome volks = baller
Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

chrome grids = BALLIN out of control
Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this **** is great.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">chrome grids = BALLIN out of control</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">chrome grids = BALLIN out of control</TD></TR></TABLE>

those arent grids buddy
Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg crunkmonster)

Here's my TE 37's......
Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cali_love)

boostedjeffs EK = gAmeovEr
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Post your TE37's (Slo Cord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slo Cord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What are those?

Like 14's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no.

Quick Reply: Post your TE37's (Rota Grids also welcomed)