Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Paint Experts - Chime in

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Experts - Chime in

I really didnt know what forum to put this under, so if its wrong move it by all means.

But I'm looking up places to get my car painted this up comming season. And found a very reasonably priced shop, that are pretty respected in my area from what I know. My question is what I'm interested in is there "showcar treatment". This is there process.

"Showroom condition paintjobs are also available. Several stages available from basic paintjobs in high finish to complete Showstopper paintjob which includes complete vehicle spray over inside (complete removal of interior) and outside (complete removal of exterior) and then painting all panels individually.

Showroom paintjobs will consist of the following:

Complete sanding of every panel to bare metal
Complete dent and rust removal (metal welding)
Sprayed with Zinc and Epoxy Primer completely
Wetsand of Primer with 600-800 grit
Basecoat paint applied (standox, sikkens, dupont chromebase)
First Clear Coat applied (standox, glasurit, dupont)
Wetsand of Clear Coat
Apply 2 more Coats of clear
Wetsand of Clear Coat again
Apply 2 more coats of clear
Wetsand of Clear again
Highspeed Buffing with compound
Complete Wax&Detail"

Now this is going to run me a minimum of $3000 CAD, I am definatly going to check out some of there work before I make any decisions. But I dont know the first thing about paint and the process, so I was just hoping to have some experts add there 2 cents on the above to see if its worth it and if thats a good process.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Paint Experts - Chime in (Sassafrass)

if 3k canadian is around 2k us, then thats not a bad deal. look up miguel from mob works. as him then convert the price.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Paint Experts - Chime in (xDEFTONESx)

On the east coast that would run you way more than 4000 us?I think thats a great deal.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:18 PM

i know exactly who that is, his names team rukus on other forums, his names jay and he does amazing work, his deals are amazing as well. He takes his time and does things the right way
Old 12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Crasian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know exactly who that is, his names team rukus on other forums, his names jay and he does amazing work, his deals are amazing as well. He takes his time and does things the right way</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got it, I'm just making sure. Its a big investment so I dont want to make the wrong choice. Seems like a really good deal, but I've been burned before on those "great" deals.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Sassafrass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You got it, I'm just making sure. Its a big investment so I dont want to make the wrong choice. Seems like a really good deal, but I've been burned before on those "great" deals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the best way to do it is to be proactive and involved in the process without being an annoyance. its a fine line. good paint is one of the only "investments" in the automotive hobby.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Re: (xDEFTONESx)

sikkens and dupont chromobase are very good products! sounds good. go for it!
Old 12-26-2006, 05:17 AM
All Secrets Known

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xDEFTONESx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if 3k canadian is around 2k us, then thats not a bad deal. look up miguel from mob works. as him then convert the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The amount of your estimate should not necessarily be the sole guide as to whether or not the shop can do good work. There are shops that can provide incredible work at a fraction of what others are charging for the same work.

You need to tour the shop and see what kind of work is coming out of there. Perhaps they perform more insurance claim repairs and not so much custom work. That can be a factor in the estimate as well. If the shop is doing insurance claims for BMW and Audi dealers, odds are your estimate will be high. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get the custom work you're looking for.

My advice to you sir, is to do your homework around town and see where the best work is coming out of, then compare those shops with those who are offering the best deals. Make a calculated decision based both on your needs and on your budget.

Good luck.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xDEFTONESx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if 3k canadian is around 2k us, then thats not a bad deal. look up miguel from mob works. as him then convert the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL NO....hahaahahahha

anyways i juss got my car painted for around 3500...im really happy with the results...
they also shaved my side molding, moulded my lip, added a rear fog
definately worth my hard earned money