Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

ol skool: back in the day SoCal style

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (teamblend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamblend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is pimp for 93. im lovin it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think thats pimp now!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: (pagong)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pagong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you guys remember the old Orion amps?
The Beast

</TD></TR></TABLE>

These are the old Orion amps in my bought brand new in '85 1986 Corolla GTS

Or how about this pic.

Kenwood KDC-9: First Kenwood car CD player ever!
How about the Sheila E or Starpoint CD's. You guys even know who they are?

Clifford IMS: Maybe Cliffords first alarm.

Body Rock movie poster

Adidas "keyroland" sweat suit. The OG one.

This stuff is pretty old school.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: (rodrez.)

<FONT COLOR="red">PERFECT! </FONT>
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Agent Daimon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Agent Daimon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u know your old school if you were at the 1st import showoff at pomona fairplex (1995 or 96) and the remix girls got into a big fight with some other girls and the Pomona PD shut down the whole show and kicked EVERYONE OUT of the fair. damn.

was the 1st import showoff in pomona or san diego?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, in pomona...My cousin was from LOST "ladies of sweet temptation", and they also hated the girls that the remix girls were fighting...it was like lost and remix agains some other girl crew....

some guy in here said Sheila E and Starpoint, hell ****** yeah!....hahaha
I used to have this tape i bumped in my car when i rolled to the races it had:

-"pick it up" by Hometeam
-"I go to work" by Kool Moe Dee
-"i'm the magnificent" & "i got it made" by Special ED
-"93 till Infinity" by Souls of mischief

i used to rewind and rewind that tape over and over again...haha
Old 05-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DaKine)

damn i went through this whole thread and i havent posted ****, all i gotta say is thanks for bringin back so good memories and mad love to all the peeps that still keep it real...1
Old 05-11-2005, 07:38 AM
opi
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekay_jeremy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekay_jeremy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

JJ's car still lookin good after how many years...i've always loved those wheels...i went on vacation, and my DA ended up with 5Zigens, that's vierd...thanks rodrez for bringin back some good memories
Old 05-11-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: (bizzzzzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bizzzzzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

KINGS! ROBOCAR! DARKSIDE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahs HDS!!! dame thats from back in the day. i remember when i saw darins intergra at the battle of imports, rockin that big old HDS logo on the side of his car. hey do you guys remember a girl named sirra ocampo (i think you spell it that way) she had a white dc2? man for a car built in 1997 it was pretty fast.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

you guys are old get a vette already

1995-96 i was still in Elementary school
Old 05-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tightE46)

don't forget about bumping *BuFfY*
Old 05-11-2005, 03:22 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Agent Daimon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Agent Daimon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u know your old school if you were at the 1st import showoff at pomona fairplex (1995 or 96) and the remix girls got into a big fight with some other girls and the Pomona PD shut down the whole show and kicked EVERYONE OUT of the fair. damn.

was the 1st import showoff in pomona or san diego?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha..... a friend invited me to go to the 1st Import Showoff at the Pomona Fairplex in May of '95 but I had to study for an exam that weekend so I couldn't go. I saw pics of it and there was hardly anyone there. Nothing like the import car shows you've seen in the last 6 or 7 years.

I went to the 2nd Import Showoff in May of '96 and it was pretty tight. I had no idea that this certain black Civic coupe lowered with red/pink SSRs belonged to Chad C.(MugenEG). I didn't know him back then but we both went to LBSU back in the day so I used to see his car on campus all the time. I fell in love with Sheng Chao's white GSR with the white Racing Hart Tuners.

Damn those were the days!
Old 05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: (eg_adam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_adam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahahahs HDS!!! dame thats from back in the day. i remember when i saw darins intergra at the battle of imports, rockin that big old HDS logo on the side of his car. hey do you guys remember a girl named sirra ocampo (i think you spell it that way) she had a white dc2? man for a car built in 1997 it was pretty fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

white integra w/ wu tang stickers? i had an old battle video with her in it.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (opi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by opi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

JJ's car still lookin good after how many years...i've always loved those wheels...i went on vacation, and my DA ended up with 5Zigens, that's vierd...thanks rodrez for bringin back some good memories </TD></TR></TABLE>

Word, I'll try to scan some of the other old pics we had from the Battle and the Del Mar Showoff
Old 05-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: ol skool: back in the day SoCal style (daewonder.)

I'm living in the old skool past with both my crx + civic... lmao

OLD SKOOL RULES.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_adam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahahahahs HDS!!! dame thats from back in the day. i remember when i saw darins intergra at the battle of imports, rockin that big old HDS logo on the side of his car. hey do you guys remember a girl named sirra ocampo (i think you spell it that way) she had a white dc2? man for a car built in 1997 it was pretty fast.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sara ocampo? yup, i bought her cpf's a long *** time ago...then they got jacked @ orange show in san bernadino
Old 05-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car back in 1994

my motor back in the day

1997 battle of the imports event

1997 import showoff

1998 on gpo's

on zr-mesh

ol skool back in the days Gary Higashi drag trubo integra in 91 to 93

back in da days Street Image Performance!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kc94exr)

here's more!!!!! my car and buddy's car in a japanese mag back in the days

Gary Kubo's car in the pro-motion ad

Eric lee's eg back in the day 1995 turbo mag shoot one of the early gsr swaps in north-cal

Brian Sakata monster MR-2 1995 Turbo mag shoot

1997 san diego import showoff

Street Image Performance reppin since way back!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tightE46 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup, in pomona...My cousin was from LOST "ladies of sweet temptation", and they also hated the girls that the remix girls were fighting...it was like lost and remix agains some other girl crew...</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA LOST. I grew up all around them. They were SSP "South Side Pinays" before then! They were my friends. Small world. Cecilia, Michelle, Aubrey, etc, etc. Who was your cousin?

ahh the old school days. I started getting into cars around 1993. When Aries was young and ****.

The 1st Dynamic store next to Gene's Auto.
Speed Image.
etc.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_adam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, Sara Ocampo from OC...her integ was nice and fast and she was a cute girl who knew how to drive...The last pic of it ive ever seen was when it had Sparco NSII's.

JMS JT: Hahaha, you know them? Grace is my cousin....Small world man...

thats her wit her brother's EG who was in Downshift....i think this pic was in like 1994:
Old 05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've met Grace a few times, I went over her place in Irvine with her friends once. She's one of the nicer girls. Yeah I recognized her in the pic, just forgot the name til now. hehe.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JMS JT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMS JT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've met Grace a few times, I went over her place in Irvine with her friends once. She's one of the nicer girls. Yeah I recognized her in the pic, just forgot the name til now. hehe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

like i said, small ****** world...
Old 05-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kane! how come your not at e-lo's anymore? what happened?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Street Image Performance!
Old 05-13-2005, 10:05 AM
opi
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Word, I'll try to scan some of the other old pics we had from the Battle and the Del Mar Showoff</TD></TR></TABLE>

right on bro, remember the "wall of fame" we had goin at Genesis motorworks, than it was moved to JJ's house/garage...i think i have a bunch of those "incriminating" photos as well, we have to get our pics together and have a "scanning" session

kc94exr...you got some great pics, you're coupe has some great history behind it

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMS JT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When Aries was young and ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha, Aries is still holdin it down with his prelude...i think i might have a pic of his accord though, we were in the same crew back in the day

bump for an awesome thread
Old 05-13-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: (opi)

i know there's a pic of aries in a mag a while back (i think when he was at dynamic still). he was tuning a car and making a face like he was taking a big *** crap. funny ****

opi - what was the name of that guy that drove that slammed *** white car (datsun?) w/ the racing net. he was always at genesis but don't know if he worked there or not. he looked like roy jones jr?

Quick Reply: ol skool: back in the day SoCal style