Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces??

Old 07-26-2003, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces??

A guy I know did the same to his Civic and it looked good, I guess. I did it to mine and it looks like ****. I liked when I first did it but now I feel like a jack *** for doing it. Do you think that I could just pick up some paint thinner and soak them in my bath tub overnight?? Anybody else have any suggestions???

Pics, if you have to vomit, I'll understand

I was thinking I would have an easier time getting someone to take over my payments if I had a decent looking interior.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (Jswpstdoff)

Generic paint thinner should work. Soak them overnight, then scrub the crap out of them with a soft brush.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (FasteddieIX)

i kinda like it
Old 07-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (Jswpstdoff)

Ouch. Maybe hit up the local junkyard to hunt for some stock pieces to replace them with. I'm wondering if the thinner would ruin the factory plastic. Maybe do a little piece to see how it looks.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (FasteddieIX)

yeah get paint thinner or paint remover from your local AUTO ZONE and get a rag...spray the remover on the rag and slighly rub off...DO NOT spray directly on the plastic part as the *ACID* might melt the plastic *YES SOMETIMES ITS THAT STRONG*...good luck...hope that helps ya *NEXT TIME DONT BE A BITER* lol j/k
Old 07-26-2003, 06:48 PM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (rodrez)

sorry for the flame, but on my ******* rice..
how do you think that looks good?
Old 07-26-2003, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (rodrez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ouch. Maybe hit up the local junkyard to hunt for some stock pieces to replace them with. I'm wondering if the thinner would ruin the factory plastic. Maybe do a little piece to see how it looks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

All the junkyards I have found in Atlanta only have late, late model civics. I once found a 92 cx at a junkyard and it was completely stripped. Thank God all I was looking for was the clutch and brake pedal cuz there was nothing left
Old 07-26-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (14eight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 14eight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i kinda like it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I liked it one my friend's car, but I guess when you have to look at it everyday, you start thinking, what the **** have I done???
Old 07-26-2003, 07:02 PM

i painted my stuff gunmetal, but not as much stuff as you.

i just found some of my pieces at the junkyard and i am slowly replacing them. i tried to get it off with brake parts cleaner. it worked but it made the factory color real dull. its gonna be hard to get someone to take over your payments since you did an auto to manual.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:06 PM
HAnda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (ek9mugen)

my friend did the same thing and he just ended up getting new panels...
Old 07-26-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (ek9mugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9mugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its gonna be hard to get someone to take over your payments since you did an auto to manual.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how do you figure that?
Old 07-26-2003, 07:27 PM
ophdehEEzY

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (14eight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 14eight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i kinda like it</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-26-2003, 07:29 PM

because that's a huge modification. it won't matter to people like us, but to older people it might make a difference.

anyways much props to you for succesfully doing it.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Prince of Zamunda

Brake fluid...... The thinner will change the color of the plastic its self
Old 07-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (ophdeheezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ophdeheezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

yo odh, you for one should know im only kidding LOL, i was waiting for someone to flame me ahhah, oh well. but seriously that looks REALLY nice!!! wink wink nudge nudge
Old 07-26-2003, 08:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ouch. Maybe hit up the local junkyard to hunt for some stock pieces to replace them with. I'm wondering if the thinner would ruin the factory plastic. Maybe do a little piece to see how it looks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you soak plastic in thinner, sometimes it will melt it, yes I said melt it just gets all mutated
Old 07-26-2003, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (neuspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neuspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Brake fluid...... The thinner will change the color of the plastic its self</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay soak it in brake fluid??

I have it narrowed down to one of two things. Dip a rag in paint thinner and scrub like hell or, I guess, fill a bucket with brake fluid/brake cleaner and soak the interior pieces in it. I don't know what to do I guess I'll have to try both. Anybody ever done this before??
Old 07-26-2003, 09:40 PM

the brake fluid will dull the stock finish, but not to bad you still have to scrub though.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:42 PM

well that sounds better than melted plastic
Old 07-26-2003, 09:49 PM

hell yeah

i use the stp brake parts cleaner from autozone its the cheapest one there.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:49 PM
HAnda-Tech Member

nail polish remover works!
Old 07-26-2003, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (B18C_DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nail polish remover works!</TD></TR></TABLE>

u serious?!?

that's what my girl suggested
Old 07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Use Paint Stripper for RUBBER works good...u can get them at autozone or u auto parts dealer.......i done it before on mines......is alright.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (EGkwazhimoto)

if all else fails maybe try painting the pieces black, or gray or something... i dunno, just trying to help (it might make it look bad or worse, well not worse, it would at least be an improvement to what it is now)... anyways, goodluck...
Old 07-26-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces?? (pnballer5)

dude what were you smoking the day when you thought to paint those pieces baby blue i mean GOD DAYAM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok I fucked up, what's the best way to remove paint from my interior pieces??