Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Indiglo Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indiglo Gauges

Hey,

My 16yr old friend has a type R now .. hes a bastard.. anyhow, where can he get those indigo dashboard gauges? i've seen them for LS/GS/GSR but not for TypeR..

please help,
thanks
Old 04-11-2001, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Indiglo Gauges (bacid)

rice rice baby!
Actually at one point I was gonna get some. I was having a shop make me some custom red ones, but then they tried to take my money and run, so I decided it wasn't worth the headache to get them. The blue/green thing is ugly IMO. Kinda blown out now IMO...
Old 04-11-2001, 06:00 PM
New User

Default Re: Indiglo Gauges (Rboosted717)

Ok, i am gonna be nice here and not say what i really want to about a 16 year old owning a type r, but i bet he want's to get some ALTEZZA tail- lights too!! Do your young friend, yourself, and a lot of other people a favor and suggest that he spends his money, or his parents hard earned money on something else. If he really want's to get the indiglo guages tell him to check this place out, a friend of mine got a set for his civic and i guess they looked alright, but i don't think they would look the same on a type r. Just don't let young grasshopper get those fugly tail-lights.

NR AUTOMOBILE ACCESSORIES http://www.nrauto.com

also i am not even sure if they make them for the type r, but you can check it out anyway.

[Modified by typer694, 7:04 PM 4/11/2001]
Old 04-11-2001, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats freeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaakin pathetic, a 16 year old with a type r. must be nice to be spending mommy's and daddy's money
Old 04-12-2001, 12:40 PM
New User

Default Re: Indiglo Gauges

I am the 16 yr old that owns the itr. Yes it is a very sweet car but man I still can`t find the guages for the type R. The rpm guage for the gsr goes up to 9 but i need one that goes to 10! Then everything would be set but still can`t find anything for the itr. If you know of any sites with the itr please help me out.
Old 04-12-2001, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Indiglo Gauges (Pone)

Im about to rant for almost every person who owns an ITR here. Dont take this the wrong way.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?! IF YOU WANT TO GET INDEGLO GAUGES GO GET A GSR!!!! THE TYPE R IS A CAR FOR RACING AND AUTOX NOT RICIFICATION!!!

Now thats out of my system. I dont think you are going to find the Indeglo gauges for the R. Its not something that would sell very well since most of us R owners are more concerned with speed rather than apperance. Apperance counts for something but most of us go for a Euro-Style and remove parts instead of add them.

ANother question. Why would you want to replace the OEM stock gauge pod with a crappy knock-off? They never fit right and the quality is nothing short of complete ****. Is it just because you want it to glo? I have seen these things at night and they suck because they emit so much light that it actually reduces your vision at night. The less light you have being emitted in the car, the farther you can see. It has to do with the optic of an eye.

But hey, its your money (or parents) if you want all that typical stuff then get it. EVERYBODY has the indeglo and the altezzas and all the other rice stuff. You have already set yourself apart from them by getting aType R Dont you think its cool enough having a Type R? I mean there are less than 2000 of these cars imported every year and they are not imported any more!! It already has different gauges. It illuminates red instead of green like the GSR.

Ahh im donr ranting. I just dont see the point in adding something that doesnt help performance in some way. Good luck finding what you are looking for.
Old 04-12-2001, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Indiglos won't fit because of the bevel on the instrument face plate. This goes for any gauges unless they are made specifically for the Type-R. Other gauges fit, but it looks bad.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:08 PM
Banned

first thing first.

a Sleeper plays more of an impact over a "rice-boy" car.....
especially when you blow the doors off of another rice-boy.....

Me personally, my ITR EATs "rice" for breakfast.....

by the way, those altezza lights add 12.5hp, dyno-proven.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:33 PM
Unfortunate Clevland Sports Fan

Default Re: Indiglo Gauges (BigDaddyR2K)

hey, i know this is a preformance board but why does everyone bust on people with different mods to there car that doesnt increase power. if its their car they should do what ever the hell they want to do to it. if you dont like it thats fine but you dont have to bust on other peoples tastes just because it doesnt look good to you. i say if the kid wants the indigo gauges get them. just my 2 cents
Old 04-14-2001, 01:34 AM
ALF
Honda-Tech Member

Don't waste your time tryin' to get indiglos. C'mon man...you already have the R, just make it faster than it already is! Plus, I've heard many people having their indiglos catch fire. You don't wanna burn up the R, do you?
Old 04-19-2001, 11:50 AM
New User

well if it's cosemtic you want then cosemtics it is. I heard APC makes a good brand of indiglo gauges for all types of cars.