Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

I GOT NEW RIMS GUYS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I GOT NEW RIMS GUYS!!

enjoy your new wheels and your new coupe. i bought mine when i was 16 and 8 years later i still own it and love the car. great car to learn stuff on and a great looking car. wheels are pricey but i understand that it was an impulse buy. have fun wit it
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cool!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BigChina
enjoy your new wheels and your new coupe. i bought mine when i was 16 and 8 years later i still own it and love the car. great car to learn stuff on and a great looking car. wheels are pricey but i understand that it was an impulse buy. have fun wit it
thanks man, I love it, my roommate who is like a master mechanic. Background/ used to work for international trucks rebuilding and repairing trucks across the country and used to work on military vehicles, hes like a mobile mechanic now after his whole division at work got cut and he told me if you want to mod your car and do stuff to it Im going to have to do repairs myself, when i first got the car it needed a clutch master and slave and he told me what to do and i did it myself, took me a lil longer than if he went to did it but got it done, he checked my work told me what needed correcting and viola! i learned something and know how to change them now. he also told me hondas are great for first timers to learn basic skills on cars
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by clean rice
That was established on the first page.

Why the hell would you paint your rotors?

He got new wheels, thats why he made the thread. And he was happy about it. Whats wrong with that?

Would you rather someone make a thread saying "Hey check out my new car," and it's a bone stock Civic? Cuz that **** happens all the time.

Pick your battles.
Oh no I'm so sorry I had made a statement that had been mentioned already. Who gives a ****, he posted up to hear input and I gave mine.

And yeah, let's not be a smart ***. You have never heard of anybody painting their rotors? Obviously I am not talking about the contact surface.......Everybody I know does it and has for years, unless you want shitty rusty looking rotors, use that pic as an example dude.. I didn't intend to be rude with my comment, that's just how I am. I don't sugar coat **** for anybody.. Brutally honest you could say, lol.

Pick my battles? You're the one that chose to call me out for no specific reason. I came in and informed him of the wheel name, gave some advice, and a compliment. You are clearly an active member here, so you should know that my post wasn't **** compared to most of the ones that give this site a bad name.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i seel alot of NWP'ers on here must be going thru withdrawls hahaha.

congrats on the wheels btw. you *might* have overpaid a bit, but its not like the people that dump thousands into a motor and blow it after a few days.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlo253
Oh no I'm so sorry I had made a statement that had been mentioned already. Who gives a ****, he posted up to hear input and I gave mine.

And yeah, let's not be a smart ***. You have never heard of anybody painting their rotors? Obviously I am not talking about the contact surface.......Everybody I know does it and has for years, unless you want shitty rusty looking rotors, use that pic as an example dude.. I didn't intend to be rude with my comment, that's just how I am. I don't sugar coat **** for anybody.. Brutally honest you could say, lol.

Pick my battles? You're the one that chose to call me out for no specific reason. I came in and informed him of the wheel name, gave some advice, and a compliment. You are clearly an active member here, so you should know that my post wasn't **** compared to most of the ones that give this site a bad name.
Running your mouth like this gives this place a bad name. Not long term members with actual information to add. We've seen your type come and go. We'd prefer you went and stayed. Try and come back with a more positive opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Running my mouth? It would be running my mouth if I were to call somebody out, like what happened to me. I was simply responding. Dude, the op got new wheels. I didn't see a tech question so what concrete 'information' is there to add from anybody? Ht god or not... And if you would take another look at my original post. I did have a positive opinion. That's just the way I talk dude. A negative response would have been more like 'oh you got replica wheels your an idiot' like I see on here quite a bit. Didn't trash dude. Gave input and advice. Oh no I used profanity so it seemed rude. And I thought I was talking to somebody else other than you anyways.. And it sure ain't people like me. I hardly come here because the OGs and ones that sack ride are so quick to jump at anything they don't feel to the fullest. So don't talk about people like me when you have no idea. Have a great day buddy, and op. Let me rephrase my original comment to not cause any misconceptions. Just so you know the wheels are actually called track r. Also, it may look great if you painted your rotors to cover up the rust you see through the opened lug holes. Glad you are happy with your purchase. There we go, positive enough everybody? I sure gave it a shot..

Edit: and take a look at the first page of comments. All negative with no advice or positive input. Pick a battle with them if you must try to call somebody out.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa there, calm down now. No one is actually going to read your paragraph....

Side Note- I love lamp
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

His point about painting the non-contact surfaces of the rotors was actually a really good point. He was trying to give some advice and got shot down. Seems to happen a lot here.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteSlips
Whoa there, calm down now. No one is actually going to read your paragraph....

Side Note- I love lamp
I'm calm. Just defending myself while getting called out for nuthn. And look at the irony. You,with your 6k+ posts has more unnecessary **** to add in. Then the guy below you seems to act how more people should... Yet he only has 50 posts. The irony makes it that much funnier. Maybe you should take the time to read **** in the future instead of opting to not read, yet still give input. And how would you know I'm not calm if you didn't take the time to read the post?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm calm. Just defending myself while getting called out for nuthn. And look at the irony. You,with your 6k+ posts has more unnecessary **** to add in. Then the guy below you seems to act how more people should... Yet he only has 50 posts. The irony makes it that much funnier. Maybe you should take the time to read **** in the future instead of opting to not read, yet still give input. And how would you know I'm not calm if you didn't take the time to read the post?

I've been a member for almost 9 years of my life and have learned a great deal about Hondas from being here. I can't tell you how much I have helped people out with little issues over the years on everything you can think of. I've seen 100s of guys like the OP come and go who aren't real enthusiasts and just buy **** to make threads about it and hope everyone approves of their decisions. This hobby is more than a hobby, it's a passion for me and I take it very seriously. Out of my 6,000 posts I bet at least half of those were insightful information about technical subjects having to do with the 3rd gen Integra and 5th gen Civic. The other 40% I'll admit are me talking about work, life, my friend's cars that have been stolen over the years, telling people about the close calls I've had with people following me home, trying to steal my car, and copying down my VIN etc. Probably 10% of the 6,308 posts are me making snide comments like the ones you find here mostly for my own self enjoyment especially since I know the poster of similar threads/comments likely will have his car stolen for lack of giving a **** about security and buy a VW or Subaru.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hear ya man, and that's just it. What's the difference between you and myself when it comes to making a snide comment. I wasn't negative, just a smartass. It should be just as 'acceptable' for me to do it as you. Along with anybody else. And like you said. Threads like this come up all the time... Don't see why my neutral comment started a passing match compared to other replies I see on essentially irrelevant threads.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm, didn't think it would get this serious, but i know this is sooo late of me but the tires are not 502s they are falken ziex ze912s if that makes a difference lol
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hear ya man, and that's just it. What's the difference between you and myself when it comes to making a snide comment. I wasn't negative, just a smartass. It should be just as 'acceptable' for me to do it as you. Along with anybody else. And like you said. Threads like this come up all the time... Don't see why my neutral comment started a passing match compared to other replies I see on essentially irrelevant threads.
I guess after you've been around for a while and people get to know you on a personal level, not just a username you can get away with a little more. It's no big deal really and some people just like arguing on here for entertainment I guess.

Originally Posted by jkillah29
ummm, didn't think it would get this serious, but i know this is sooo late of me but the tires are not 502s they are falken ziex ze912s if that makes a difference lol
912s are much better than 502s. The 502s were available probably 8 or 9 years ago and based on the same tread pattern as the nitto NT450 and weren't that great. For an everyday tire the 912s aren't bad.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

good god what did u do.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteSlips
I guess after you've been around for a while and people get to know you on a personal level, not just a username you can get away with a little more. It's no big deal really and some people just like arguing on here for entertainment I guess.
Yeah I hear that, I am a very active member on clubintegra so I know how that goes but I feel my comment shouldn't be the one picked out of others in this very thread. Regardless.
And yeah, people do like arguing for entertainment. Those are the ones who give the site a bad name. Not me, as I was told. Lol. I just know life must be stale as **** for the poor people with no sense of humor.....
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got more posts than WhiteSlips. I must be a big douchebag.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate you, just to add some validity to your statement.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat
I've got more posts than WhiteSlips. I must be a big douchebag.
Must be buddy. Hence the post? Lol.
Hahaha pretty sure the drama cooled off. Who came in with a pointless comment again? Oh yeah, you are allowed to. I apologize boss. Haha. For the stale ones, get your panties out of your cracks, my post DID contain some sarcasm.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who was it that said something about a sense of humor?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat

Who was it that said something about a sense of humor?
I believe that was me. Did ya miss the sarcasm disclaimer? Lol, juggernaut. Mind passing that popcorn my way?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by jkillah29

2012-12-28 16.17.26 by jkillah29, on Flickr

2012-12-28 16.17.50 by jkillah29, on Flickr

2012-12-28 16.17.39 by jkillah29, on Flickr

2012-12-28 16.17.05 by jkillah29, on Flickr

and yes i will lower it an inch later after i get my wheel bearings done

just posted them
looks good bro congrats on the wheels check my ek out