Old 04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it the same procedures for a eg?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oovvutt)

is there any way to accomplish this without switching the wires around? similar to how the jdm fogs work.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93civicsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93civicsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there any way to accomplish this without switching the wires around? similar to how the jdm fogs work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think so. Just buy a DEPO kit if you don't want to switch the wires around. Those kits have the red power wire that feed power to the fogs constantly so you can keep them on all the time.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (amej8)

Hey dudes.....I don't mean to bump an old thread but I thought it'd be the best way to get some help. Ever since I did this mod my parking lights won't flash when I turn on/off my Code Alarm. The alarm functions, just no parking light flash. I checked all five of the fuses I could find for the alarm, all are good to go. Any ideas?

EDIT: Wow, why is this in the H/A forum lol

Modified by JoshuaVTEC at 6:44 PM 9/15/2008
Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JoshuaVTEC)

Can a mod put this in a forum that might get some assistance?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JoshuaVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JoshuaVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can a mod put this in a forum that might get some assistance?</TD></TR></TABLE>

One that will get replys please?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first whats a depo kit and second can this be done to a del sol?!?!?!?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To: Wire 99-00 OEM Fog Lights /w Parking Lights

ne1 know the wiring diagram for that whole white plug thing
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

btw this is real simple and works great
Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks.

Hope this will continue to help you folks.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bookmarked
Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JoshuaVTEC View Post
Ever since I did this mod my parking lights won't flash when I turn on/off my Code Alarm. The alarm functions, just no parking light flash. I checked all five of the fuses I could find for the alarm, all are good to go. Any ideas?
Would love to get help/answer some day.....
Old 08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Future mod for me
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard you could wire the fog lights to a power source other than the battery. Does this method work the same way? could i turn off the switch so the fog lights wont come on during alarming car?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Trial User

[QUOTE=amej8;28028319]<FONT SIZE="3">***5/24 EDIT***
VIDEO ADDED AT BOTTOM OF POST
</FONT>

----------------

***I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS WRITE-UP!! THIS IS MERELY A RE-WRITE OF A PREVIOUS HOW-TO***

I know someone has a How-To on here but the pictures don't work. And the other How-To's are outside this forum. So I figured it was in the best interest that H-T has it's own How-To for this again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This How-To will show you how to wire your 1999-2000 Genuine Raybrig OEM Fog Lights to turn on with parking lights as well as stay on with low/high beams. The fog lights should also work when arming/disarming your alarm when the flashers come on (as long as the switch is on).

Also, this procedure MAY work with 96-98 Genuine OEM Fog Lights but the wires may be different. Should you choose to attempt it, feel free to add in the color of the wires you switched around when you get it to work .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<u>You will need the following:</u>
- Small jewelers flathead screwdriver
- Regular screwdriver to remove underdash plastic pieces
- 10A mini fuse
- 15-30 minutes of your time

<u>Additional notes before we begin:</u>
- The previous How-To recommended to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery since you'll be dealing with electrical stuff. However, I didn't and did NOT run into any problems. Should you choose to is up to you.
- Please keep in mind you CAN do this before actually installing the fog lights. But in order to ensure you did it properly, they obviously must be installed. <u>This How-To was written with the fog lights already installed!!!</u>
- I do NOT take any responsibility for mistakes or problems you run into after completing this How-To! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I (or anyone else) shall do my/their best to help out.
- Please remember read the additional/comments at the bottom after all the steps!

Step #1:
Remove the plastic underdash piece underneath the steering wheel as well as the steering wheel column cover. Keep in mind that you will have to tug a bit to remove the underdash piece and to be careful when remove the steering wheel column cover. The clips tend to break very easily. Now in order to remove the 2 plastic pieces, you will need to remove the screws circled in red in the picture below:

Step #2:
With the 2 plastic pieces off, remove the 2 white plugs circled in red in the picture below (there are little tabs you have to push in, in order to pull them out):

Step #3:
Unwrap the black tape around the wires between the 2 plugs.

Step #4:
Now use the small flathead jewelers screwdriver and carefully unclip both ends of the red and white wire from each plug (it is also the only wire holding the 2 plugs to the rest of the harness). You should have the following when you are finished:

Step #5:
Again, using the small flathead jewelers screwdriver, carefully unclip both ends of the red and green wire from each plug. I am holding the wire with my thumb and pointer finger in the following picture:

Step #6:
Then continue to take the red and green wire you just removed and put it in the slots where the red and white wire originally were.

Step #7:
Then take the red and white wire you removed in the beginning and put them into the slots where the red and green wire were.

-----
Stop and take a moment to think:
Basically, you are swapping the red and white wire and the red and green wire.
-----

Step #8
Now go to your underdash fuse box and look for the taillight fuse. It should be a 7.5A fuse. Replace that with a 10A fuse.

Step #9:
Plug the white plugs back into the steering wheel column and give it a test. The fog lights should now work with parking lights as well with low beams and even high beams!

Step #10:
If all is well, reassemble the underdash pieces and enjoy .

<u>Additional Notes/Comments:</u>
- BEWARE! In my research previous to doing this How-To, some people have found that when arming/disarming their alarm with the fog light switch on, they have blown their instrument/cluster fuse. I previously noted before I began this How-To that when arming/disarming your alarm with the fog light switch on, the fog lights WILL blink as well when the corner lights blink.

<u>VIDEO:</u>

Sorry I didn't do it at night time. But it wouldn't have made a difference anyways lol. As long as you see it in action which you see it perfectly in this video. May be a tad bit of sun glare but doesn't effect what you see. Enjoy .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nLdGSVH8uM

Modified by amej8 at 1:37 PM 5/24/2007[/QUOTE

Any other way to make them work without the fog light switch, mine blow? no one wants to sell me just the switch.....
Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Trial User

Any other way to make them work without the fog light switch, mine blow? no one wants to sell me just the switch.....
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by amej8 View Post
<FONT SIZE="3">***5/24 EDIT***
</FONT>

----------------

***I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS WRITE-UP!! THIS IS MERELY A RE-WRITE OF A PREVIOUS HOW-TO***

I know someone has a How-To on here but the pictures don't work. And the other How-To's are outside this forum. So I figured it was in the best interest that H-T has it's own How-To for this again.

This How-To will show you how to wire your 1999-2000 Genuine Raybrig OEM Fog Lights to turn on with parking lights as well as stay on with low/high beams. The fog lights should also work when arming/disarming your alarm when the flashers come on (as long as the switch is on).

Also, this procedure MAY work with 96-98 Genuine OEM Fog Lights but the wires may be different. Should you choose to attempt it, feel free to add in the color of the wires you switched around when you get it to work .

- 10A mini fuse

- The previous How-To recommended to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery since you'll be dealing with electrical stuff. However, I didn't and did NOT run into any problems. Should you choose to is up to you.
- Please keep in mind you CAN do this before actually installing the fog lights. But in order to ensure you did it properly, they obviously must be installed. <u>This How-To was written with the fog lights already installed!!!</u>
- I do NOT take any responsibility for mistakes or problems you run into after completing this How-To! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I (or anyone else) shall do my/their best to help out.
- Please remember read the additional/comments at the bottom after all the steps!

Step #1:
Remove the plastic underdash piece underneath the steering wheel as well as the steering wheel column cover. Keep in mind that you will have to tug a bit to remove the underdash piece and to be careful when remove the steering wheel column cover. The clips tend to break very easily. Now in order to remove the 2 plastic pieces, you will need to remove the screws circled in red in the picture below:

Step #2:
With the 2 plastic pieces off, remove the 2 white plugs circled in red in the picture below (there are little tabs you have to push in, in order to pull them out):

Step #3:

Step #4:
Now use the small flathead jewelers screwdriver and carefully unclip both ends of the red and white wire from each plug (it is also the only wire holding the 2 plugs to the rest of the harness). You should have the following when you are finished:

Step #5:
Again, using the small flathead jewelers screwdriver, carefully unclip both ends of the red and green wire from each plug. I am holding the wire with my thumb and pointer finger in the following picture:

Step #6:
Then continue to take the red and green wire you just removed and put it in the slots where the red and white wire originally were.

Step #7:
Then take the red and white wire you removed in the beginning and put them into the slots where the red and green wire were.

-----
-----

Step #8
Now go to your underdash fuse box and look for the taillight fuse. It should be a 7.5A fuse. Replace that with a 10A fuse.

Step #9:
Plug the white plugs back into the steering wheel column and give it a test. The fog lights should now work with parking lights as well with low beams and even high beams!

Step #10:

- BEWARE! In my research previous to doing this How-To, some people have found that when arming/disarming their alarm with the fog light switch on, they have blown their instrument/cluster fuse. I previously noted before I began this How-To that when arming/disarming your alarm with the fog light switch on, the fog lights WILL blink as well when the corner lights blink.

Sorry I didn't do it at night time. But it wouldn't have made a difference anyways lol. As long as you see it in action which you see it perfectly in this video. May be a tad bit of sun glare but doesn't effect what you see. Enjoy .

Modified by amej8 at 1:37 PM 5/24/2007
Bringing this one back from the dead because A. the video doesn't work and B. let's assume that an individual doesn't have the relay harness and only has the two foglights themselves.. I understand the complications that may arrise by not using a relay harness but for the simple fact of "knowing", how would you be able to connect the foglights to the corner lights without it..?? Of course the basic answer to that would be "well you're going to need a relay setup for power/ground/etc" but not all of us a relay smart so if someone could break it down it'd be much appreciated... Like many others, I've tried the direct splice into the corner lights and they turn on for all of about 2 seconds and the fuse blows... Vid's and Pic's would be greatly obliged...
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by amej8 View Post
<FONT SIZE="3">***5/24 EDIT***
</FONT>

----------------

- 10A mini fuse

Step #1:

Step #2:

Step #3:

Step #4:

Step #5:

Step #6:

Step #7:

-----
-----

Step #8

Step #9:

Step #10:

Modified by amej8 at 1:37 PM 5/24/2007
Ok. Thanks for the clear pictures excellent write up, just have a question the 2 brown plugs one from the fuse and the other one coming from the relay both are red and are connected to the fuse box on the brown top female slot available?
Old 05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Trial User

Where would I connect the red wire from the fuse? And the red wire coming from the relay?