Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Help with the swirls and water spots on my R!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 07:30 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the swirls and water spots on my R!

Damn I new I should have gotten a yellow one... j/k Anyway, to make a long story short...it looks like some kids were playing with a hose near my car this weekend and got water all over it and then in the 100 degree Phoenix heat the sun left water marks all over my car...now my whole car looks horrible. So I went to work over the weekend with Meguires wax trying to get it off and about 50% of the spots faded but, I can still see them especially in the sun...and guess what...now there are swirls all over my car prolly from me doing something wrong when I washed it this weekend...(Before you say it yes I only used meguires wax and quick detailer and only 100% cotton made in the us towels) So how in the hell do I get rid of first the water marks and now the damn swirls...I mean I hate swirls on a black car...please help...and please give me as good of directions on cleaning it off as possible because I don't want to mess it up...thanks!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:07 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Help with the swirls and water spots on my R! (Cyber R)

Everyone have their favorite products but I'll offer my 2 cents.

- Use a good swirl remover. 3M makes a good one. Follow instructions. If need, do it several times instead of rubbing too hard. You can find it in stores like PepBoys.

This should remove the water spots and swirls, and then wax back to protect.

If you want to try Zaino Products, they do have a product that fill in the swirls. Zaino is syntheics so it is stronger than wax.

Here is a Zaino plan, you be the judge on if you need all the steps.

1. Clay the car (be careful that you are comfortable with it, and read all the instructions) Clay will remove all the crap including hard water spots.

2. Use Z5 to fill in the swirls. You may need several coats.

3. A final coat of Z2 (Z2 does NOT fill in swirls)

Note: I don't work for Zaino, but just a happy customer for over one year. Zaino is sort of a pain to use and expensive, but the results are worth it for me.

P.S. I assume you are using the "quick detailer" only after you got a completely clean car, right?

Old 04-30-2001, 01:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Help with the swirls and water spots on my R! (GoLowDrew)

Thanks for the info bro. Yes I am using the Quick Detailer on a clean car...I have been using Zaino for the past 2 years now and have been fairly happy with the results especially on my 2000 Pewter WS.6 but, it really falls short of the mark on my black cars...maybe I should go back and give it another shot...thanks for the info bro!
Old 04-30-2001, 09:55 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Help with the swirls and water spots on my R! (Cyber R)

LS1 V8. Cool
Old 05-03-2001, 10:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Help with the swirls and water spots on my R! (GoLowDrew)

You could try 3m finesse it (polish with light compound) and follow it up with the 3m foam pad swirl remover (black), the swirl remover works great if you use a foam pad on very low speed buffing wheel.hth, Mark.