Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Help locating old Honda OEM dress up parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help locating old Honda OEM dress up parts

So I’m showing my age a bit here, but I’ve been trying to find some old Honda parts with no luck, maybe someone here can find me some part numbers.

Back in 99/00 when Honda released the Civic Si, they also released some billet anodized dress up parts. I’m pretty sure they were made by DC Sports for Honda at the time.

There was a battery tie down, an oil cap, a shift ****, and something else, I can’t remember what though. Each one had the stencilled “H” on it and they were available in Silver, red, and blue I think. The ads for them were on the back of old SS magazines.

I actually bought one of the shift *****, but it was stolen not too long after. I would love to find out if any Honda dealerships in Canada or the US had some of these old parts in stock, but I’d need part numbers to check.

If anyone knows what I’m talking about, and has any information on part numbers or ebay sales, please let me know!
Old 11-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help locating old Honda OEM dress up parts

Never seen them... I remember the DC branded ones but not Honda ones. Now i gotta search the webs. Good luck finding them.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ZCcivic91
So I’m showing my age a bit here, but I’ve been trying to find some old Honda parts with no luck, maybe someone here can find me some part numbers.

Back in 99/00 when Honda released the Civic Si, they also released some billet anodized dress up parts. I’m pretty sure they were made by DC Sports for Honda at the time.

There was a battery tie down, an oil cap, a shift ****, and something else, I can’t remember what though. Each one had the stencilled “H” on it and they were available in Silver, red, and blue I think. The ads for them were on the back of old SS magazines.

I actually bought one of the shift *****, but it was stolen not too long after. I would love to find out if any Honda dealerships in Canada or the US had some of these old parts in stock, but I’d need part numbers to check.

If anyone knows what I’m talking about, and has any information on part numbers or ebay sales, please let me know!
I remember that stuff. My wife got the red shift **** and battery tire down. I still have the red shift **** in it's case from 2000. We use it one in a while in shows.. Still has the "H" on it too.

Those dealerships got tried of those parts by early 2001. Everyone scored them and either lost or kept them. I remember one dealership almost giving them away back then.. Same with the optional lip kits..

Good luck, but no dealership well have them.. Not after 16 years.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

I remember them as well. There was also a plug wire cover iirc. We never even stocked them at the dealer I worked at. They were in fact Honda logo'd DC Sports parts. Sorry, that's about all the info I have for you on them.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:19 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spAdam
They were in fact Honda logo'd DC Sports parts. Sorry, that's about all the info I have for you on them.

Glad to see I'm not the only dinosaur here.

I don't think they were actually made by DC sports, at least the plug cover was not.

This little guy?
Old 11-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Pretty sure they were. As I remember neither company was very shy about their origins.

Pic ice of the DC branded stuff from google:

Last edited by spAdam; 11-03-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I remember that stuff. My wife got the red shift **** and battery tire down. I still have the red shift **** in it's case from 2000. We use it one in a while in shows.. Still has the "H" on it too.

Those dealerships got tried of those parts by early 2001. Everyone scored them and either lost or kept them. I remember one dealership almost giving them away back then.. Same with the optional lip kits..

Good luck, but no dealership well have them.. Not after 16 years.
I'm jealous!

You'd be surprised at what dealerships still have kicking around. Takes a counter guy to look though. A guy I know at a local dealership checked through Canada and didn't see anything, I was hoping someone in the US might have NOS kicking around they wanted to get rid of.

I actually found a shop in a K20A forum post getting rid of the battery tie down and oil cap from a few years back (2012), but no ***** dammit! I didn't save the thread, if anyone wanted to look for it i found it through google image searches.

TheShodan, If you still have the **** in box, any chance you want to send me the Honda part number if its on there?

Thanks to everyone for the info.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
Glad to see I'm not the only dinosaur here.

I don't think they were actually made by DC sports, at least the plug cover was not.

This little guy?
That's the one. My shift **** was the same color, and it was an HFP (Honda Factory Performance) part, like with the HFP wheels, A-spec lip & side-skirt kits for the TL and TSX back in 2004-2008, and other little accoutrements.

Originally Posted by spAdam
Pretty sure they were. As I remember neither company was very shy about their origins.
They actually weren't from DC Sports. These were considered to be an HFP product that was limited in production. I guess they thought they could tap into the aftermarket with small accented goodies like this. But the aftermarket had already caught on by then.

Originally Posted by ZCcivic91
I'm jealous!

TheShodan, If you still have the **** in box, any chance you want to send me the Honda part number if its on there?

Thanks to everyone for the info.
I'll see if any identifying marks are on there for the part number from HFP.

Try this location as they claim to still keep HFP parts.

Honda Honda Factory Performance Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts