Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (PA MATT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PA MATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've never seen a jdm antenna block off plate? is that really an available product? I want so many of these parts, too bad theyre so expensive...

great thread though </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes the block off plate does indeed exist and i bought mine from Chad as well. i'd vouch for him...4 more left....get em while they're still available!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MARSH)

wow we really got the shaft in the US...whadda bitch i want an edm now
Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: (deadend9009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deadend9009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow we really got the shaft in the US...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL what else is new...it's like this for almost every car.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: (deadend9009)

Saxman, have any real pics of the motegi or daytona? I've seen pics of them before, but I don't remember seeing either set of rims located on the brochures.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMFreak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is what i think....

39161-S2H-J01</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not a number you can get through american honda. My buddy does parts, we tried
Old 02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adictionbass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MARSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes the block off plate does indeed exist and i bought mine from Chad as well. i'd vouch for him...4 more left....get em while they're still available! </TD></TR></TABLE>

have any pics?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PA MATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have any pics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (joetrisman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joetrisman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saxman, have any real pics of the motegi or daytona? I've seen pics of them before, but I don't remember seeing either set of rims located on the brochures.</TD></TR></TABLE>the photos on the previous page are probably about the best you're going to get... they're hard to find.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MARSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes the block off plate does indeed exist and i bought mine from Chad as well. i'd vouch for him...4 more left....get em while they're still available! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually got my block off plate from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com but never had a chance to put it on cause i dont have that antenna nut wrench! anyone know any other ways to remove this?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THE GAME IS THICK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THE GAME IS THICK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i actually got my block off plate from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com but never had a chance to put it on cause i dont have that antenna nut wrench! anyone know any other ways to remove this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

when i took mine off my teg to shave that, i used vice grips. It "mars" it up and ruins it, but works.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used a flat head screwdrive like a punch and knocked it loose
Old 02-09-2006, 12:48 AM

I've seen a Del Sol Center vent triple gauge pod before... but im unsure if it was custom or available for purchase (i've been looking though)

The guy said he got it off of ebay a while ago. I wish i had the pic.

And no it wouldnt be too hard to make, but if it exists i'd rather buy it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (deadlock32)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deadlock32 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen a Del Sol Center vent triple gauge pod before... but im unsure if it was custom or available for purchase (i've been looking though)

The guy said he got it off of ebay a while ago. I wish i had the pic.

And no it wouldnt be too hard to make, but if it exists i'd rather buy it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty sure only custom
Old 02-09-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: (saxman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">blah blah blah...Motegi edition del sol... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Seriously though, about the rims again, they look very similar to the vti rims for the uk civics. Also, I've found that the jdm 15" SiR rims are listed in some places as the vti uk civic rims. Finally, I've found Justin's (OSX) old rim's listed as Vti uk civic rims. I have yet to find pics of the Daytona rims being listed as stock vti rims though...Any thoughts? or info?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can someone explain that roof to me. Is it power or does it just fit in the trunk? Really good post.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:20 AM

Default Re: (mrbigg9032)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone explain that roof to me. Is it power or does it just fit in the trunk? Really good post. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It depends. Transtops ('electronic roofs') were optional in europe and japan. Here in the US, all sols came with manual targa tops that were stored in the trunk.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (joetrisman)

kick *** thread.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EFnut)

did the map lights in the door handles get posted? I didn't see them yet.

http://images.google.com/imgre...a%3DG
Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 AM
209creative

Default good shiet!

damn hella good thread about the del sol. i drive a del sol to work and always wanted to know the jdm stuff for it. this is bad ***! i want that transtop
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: good shiet! (209creative)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 209creative &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i want that transtop</TD></TR></TABLE>

They're loads of fun until they break down.

Luckly mine was just a fuse
Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbo sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did the map lights in the door handles get posted? I didn't see them yet.

http://images.google.com/imgre...a%3DG </TD></TR></TABLE>
Uhhh first page.......
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc95vtec)

my bad I must have been memzmorized with all the other cool parts.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good shiet! (joetrisman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joetrisman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They're loads of fun until they break down.

Luckly mine was just a fuse </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're lucky. They're probably the most unreliable aspect of the car(other than the distributor on the jdm SiR's that almost always commit suicide right at 60k miles.

Personally, I don't really care for the transtop that much. I spent a couple weeks in th euk with some solers, so got to use the transtop a lot, and while it's really cool for the novelty factor, it pretty much makes the trunk useless. Uses up a lot of the space and makes it very difficult to access the rest. I suppose if I was some 5' tall, 100 lbs asian driver the car was originally designed for I could access it a bit better, but I personally couldn't stand it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joetrisman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Seriously though, about the rims again, they look very similar to the vti rims for the uk civics. Also, I've found that the jdm 15" SiR rims are listed in some places as the vti uk civic rims. Finally, I've found Justin's (OSX) old rim's listed as Vti uk civic rims. I have yet to find pics of the Daytona rims being listed as stock vti rims though...Any thoughts? or info? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The rims are one of those things that changed a lot over there. There are so many different sets of jdm sir wheels that came from the factory. Everything from steelies with hubcaps to fat fives that look almost identical to the ones we got here(although an inch larger in diameter). I honestly have no idea what the most common wheels were for the stock cars as I rarely see them with stock wheels. Seems like that's the first thing that gets done to all the cars out there.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice parts...
Old 02-09-2006, 01:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PA MATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have any pics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

let me see if i can get some pics later...

*EDIT* - here we go with the pics:

front:

back:

Quick Reply: ..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..