Looks like a rolling Ebay catalog.
LOl
Old 05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: pics of my 96

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Looks like a rolling Ebay catalog.
All I did to it was fix CEL and tinted lights. looking to make it better and not shatty looking after I build my f250. Some of the stuff like the cam, adjustable cam gear, header, muffler, strut bar thing (not used to tuners btw) look like pricey mods ($100-500) I am not sure of what I got I have worked with a few hondas before (just doing cams etc) but never owned one. These are new from me and I plan on learning from everyone on here. I have always owned trucks and muscle cars never had a "ricer" before.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like? No. They don't.
APC stut tower bar. "Ebay" head and tail lights. N1 exhaust. "Ebay" radiator. "Ebay" grill. Poor fitment. Overspray everywhere. Hacked up bumper. Lord only knows what this is lowered on.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

APC stut tower bar. "Ebay" head and tail lights. N1 exhaust. "Ebay" radiator. "Ebay" grill. Poor fitment. Overspray everywhere. Hacked up bumper. Lord only knows what this is lowered on.
haha... cmon man, leave him alone, lol...
Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so me tinting stock heads n tails is off of ebay? magnaflow exhaust? I dont see apc anywhere. I also like how the adjustable cam gear says AEM. Rad might be from egay. the grille was stock just has cheap mesh in it. The paint shop the guy took it to were probably some hillbillies. eibach springs on stock shocks (looking to change asap along with a camber kit). If all you are gonna do is give me **** about something I only tinted tails and heads on then I'm out. I like how you can list stuff you cant see the names on.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
The Grumpiest

Sorry. I'm going to tell him the truth and not sugar coat it. Tinting heads n tails is rice and for the domestic crowd. But if YOU like it.....

Cam gear? For what? And I didn't mention it anywhere.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:25 PM
The Grumpiest

Here. before you get more up in arms than you are.
APC strut tower bar image. I don't have to see a name on it to know what it is. These sold back in the day for $30.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow those are some nice weldings!!! lol...
Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

inb4 "car was stolen!"

Seriously dude, licence plates make your car a rolling joke to find, and it's a safe assumption you have ZERO security on that thing.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i do have to say sorry on the tower it is apc i just took a close look at it. But like i said ONLY THING I DID TO IT IS TINTING THE HEADS AND TAILS. dont give me **** about anything else.I am here to learn about these cars and upgrade my car with good quality stuff. Its not a race car its a DD. The motor is rebuilt with a cam, polished and ported heads, cam gear, and has 3500 miles in the rebuild. I did not join to get ragged on someone's work. Like I said none of it is my work.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
inb4 "car was stolen!"

Seriously dude, licence plates make your car a rolling joke to find, and it's a safe assumption you have ZERO security on that thing.
the plate has been on the 350 I got rid of which was my work just never finished the body work on it.

All I ask is not to get **** from stuff I did not do to it. I personally like the tinted tails and heads. To each their own though
Old 05-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason I have not upgraded anything on it is because I am building another 7.3

once again I am here to learn about hondas because I have always built trucks.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea i like them too. He tends to bitch at basically everyone.... That's why he is grumpy like the grumpy smurf lol. So any thoughts on making it fast or more of a show type thing?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gzes
Yea i like them too. He tends to bitch at basically everyone.... That's why he is grumpy like the grumpy smurf lol. So any thoughts on making it fast or more of a show type thing?
I do like cf but not a lot of it I was thinking adding a little cf to it. Looking to boost it in the future (will need help like I said I'm not a honda guy yet. If anyone cant tell its a d16y7. The guy said the motor is ready for boost I got my buddy (master tech) to confirm it and he says the motor is great and could of beat his jetta (which was side by side with a lotus I also put the jetta to shame with that black f350). Only problem we found was the wiring etc looks like it was just a drop in and go kinda deal.

But I wanna have a quick car that looks good. and IMO the wheels tilting is gay as hell and pointless. Tomorrow I want to lift it a bit cause it scraped a speed bump I go over often.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by Xsl33p3rX
i do have to say sorry on the tower it is apc i just took a close look at it. But like i said ONLY THING I DID TO IT IS TINTING THE HEADS AND TAILS. dont give me **** about anything else.I am here to learn about these cars and upgrade my car with good quality stuff. Its not a race car its a DD. The motor is rebuilt with a cam, polished and ported heads, cam gear, and has 3500 miles in the rebuild. I did not join to get ragged on someone's work. Like I said none of it is my work.
I wasn't the one that came on a public forum to "show off" my car. Truth be told, there is no reason whatsoever to post threads like this. Noting new under the sun can be done to these cars. All you have to do is search to learn all you want without posting a single thing.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xsl33p3rX
The guy said the motor is ready for boost I got my buddy (master tech) to confirm it and he says the motor is great and could of beat his jetta (which was side by side with a lotus I also put the jetta to shame with that black f350).
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by Dc4LsTeG
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice car, looks like it needs a little work on the front end grille pieces etc.

i personally wouldn't have tinted the lights but thats just me, i'll tell you that this forum is an excellent resource for information, but you will get ALOT of guys that will be compelled to "NOT SUGAR COAT" their comments towards your car just cause its, well, the internet

7.3 litres!?!?! jesus that is alot of displacement....well if you can figure out those giant monstrous trucks then i think you'll do just fine with a little honda civic
Old 05-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wasn't the one that came on a public forum to "show off" my car. Truth be told, there is no reason whatsoever to post threads like this. Noting new under the sun can be done to these cars. All you have to do is search to learn all you want without posting a single thing.
I was showing what I have and what I got to work with. No need to be a dick
Old 05-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Masster Shake
nice car, looks like it needs a little work on the front end grille pieces etc.

i personally wouldn't have tinted the lights but thats just me, i'll tell you that this forum is an excellent resource for information, but you will get ALOT of guys that will be compelled to "NOT SUGAR COAT" their comments towards your car just cause its, well, the internet

7.3 litres!?!?! jesus that is alot of displacement....well if you can figure out those giant monstrous trucks then i think you'll do just fine with a little honda civic
It's a big truck not made to handle etc. I got a Honda to save gas cause the built stroker only got 17 city. I checked my civic and I'm getting 22 with hard throttle here and there. I do plan on a tranny upgrade if anyone knows a good rebuild kit that can handle upgraded power and torque. Idk about these Hondas but these diesels can go thru a tranny with just a chip.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also come from big trucks and non imports.... My rig is in my sig but yea these guys hate a lot and truth be told I wouldn't give 2 shots on negative people because in the end its ur ride not theirs so just go nuts n enjoy. Ps those fords are ok for being fords lol
Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Reply: pics of my 96