Apr mirror question - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Apr mirror question

Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Default Apr mirror question

for anybody with a set of apr mirrors, how did you guys mount the actual glass to the mirror itself? I wanted to use 3m double sided adhesive but did not know how it would hold up with the rain, I have been using permatex black plastic welder. My problem is it holds fine but after a while im guessing with the vibration of my motor mounts it weakens over time and the glass falls off the mirror. Im on my second glass for the driver side. I really dont want to get rid of them because i do like the mirrors but If i have to keep buying glass every other month because it keeps falling off the mirror id rather just get rid of them. Any help is appreciated
Dm914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member
Default Re: Apr mirror question

i have a set on my ek. I like them so far..although my passenger side seems to move a lot but i'm thinking its people hitting it walking by in parking lots.. Also after about a yr on i've noticed some fade in the clear on top but then again i live in florida with out a garage so its to be some what expected. all in all i don't regret getting them
slow88crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
Default Re: Apr mirror question

Old thread, but you could buy a replacement housing with the glass and mount it to your bases. My s2000 has apr mirrors and had 85a (IIRC) mounts and never had an issue.
slo_hatch is offline   Reply With Quote