Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

1992 EG CX Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 EG CX Hatch

Traded this ~

200k on the motor, trannys going out, suspension is shot, needs paint, needs vtec. Has: Hids, skunk2 short shifter, fartcan, ractive lowering coil overs "horrible" cold air intake, stickers? "new battery, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, rotor, heater

Got this ~

80k on the b16a sir2 swap along with a b16 transmission non lsd, has ctr cams, im pretty sure it has aftermarket valve springs. Slammed on ebays -.- but it rides really nice, no power steering, jdm headlights? i tried finding them on ebay so idk? Rep Spoon flywing, Shortshifter, cold air intake, VTEC FTW. Jdm si cluster, all black interior, rear has no seats. Cup holders! my da9 did not have those >.<. Jdm Del sol seats "f uc king amazing. STOCK EXHAUST YAY!!! vtec is sooooo fking loud, it cracks harder than any vtec i have ever heard.

The bad.... Paints turning pink, oxidation, def needs body work and paint. passenger fender had a bender. front bumper is paint canned red, same with rear.. Flat black side view mirrors, flat black flywing. Bad input shaft bearing its kinda loud. but vtec covers up the noise so its all good. Cracked headlight, dashlights dont work, needs a new dimmer switch. windshield wiper toggle sticks? Turn signal doesnt always shut off after you turn, steering wheel rubber is loose off the wheel. Need to get rear seats and a few interior pieces. cluster has a crack, temp needle is broken BUT DOES NOT OVER HEAT. no smoke or burning oils its all good under the hood.
Thats all i can think of for now

The good, Before i had a jdm b16a sir1 complete swap with a b16 hydro lsd transmission with 35k on it. btw the one in it now shifts like butter. I can use parts off the swap i was going to drop in the da. Im going to change the transmission this weekend maybe.
I bought that swap off my sister bf, he had an eg cx and someone hit him in a parking lot and totaled it, he is done with hondas..... His car has been broken into to many times. STOCK. He bought the motor and a ton of other parts for his eg. so i took it off his hands.

MY luck he gave me an underbrace bar for the front? it guards the oil pan and other crap from scrapping and its supposed to make it handle like a boss.
Also gave me a rear underneath bar thing forget what its called lol. Also he gave me some jdm taillights red clear ftmfw.

anyway, this is my new project. I know theres so much to do. but most of it is little things. I do have a few questions tho.

Question #1 WHY DOES VTEC SCARE THE FKING **** OUT OF ME??
Question #2 I have waves on the top of the hatch what do i do about that? cut it out and replace -.- fml?
Question #3 my paint isnt that faded, its milano red i think. Very light pink spots, is it possible i cant compound buff those out? hand or machine? i have time.
Question #4 MY keys are horrible like the ignition you have to work at it to get it to turn, and when i use the key in the door its like ruff i dont like it. what can i do?
Question #5 did i do good? i mean ik a clean vtec swapped eg cx will go for like 4k easy in ok condition. And even if i didnt i got what i wanted. it was worth it to me.

To do list:

Dimmer switch

Wiper toggle

Signal toggle

Get original color if i can.

Get a new fender

get a new rear bumper its cracked.

Get seats and carpet and interior pieces.

Add a fart can JK! Keeping it stock all the way

NEw cup holders

ashtray

Jdm center conceal with arm rest

SOUND PROOF

Add strut bars

Put my header on with test pipe

Put ecu away

Change tranny

Silicone motor mounts

replace headlights

CF Spoon rep?

yellow fogs

Hids

XXr 002 or dr20 or rota slipstreams gold, or those white honda rims, w/e there called

Control arms

Body work

Fresh paint

Turbonetics turbo

new antenna

Re wire speakers, add subs and amp.

New passenger side skirt, they cut it?

IT wont be in that order but thats basically all i want to do. Any advice or tips or anything please go right ahead. Thanks for looking.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 1992 EG CX Hatch

Looking good.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good
Old 11-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question #1 WHY DOES VTEC SCARE THE FKING **** OUT OF ME??
Because I assume you've never owned an actual quick car before? haha

Question #2 I have waves on the top of the hatch what do i do about that? cut it out and replace -.- fml?
Like on the roof? Wait till you have the car painted and have a reputable body guy take car of it.

Question #3 my paint isnt that faded, its milano red i think. Very light pink spots, is it possible i cant compound buff those out? hand or machine? i have time.
I think your stuck with the pink until you have it painted. Sorry.

Question #4 MY keys are horrible like the ignition you have to work at it to get it to turn, and when i use the key in the door its like ruff i dont like it. what can i do?
Hopefully its just the key thats worn out and not the ignition cylinder itself.
Go down to your local honda dealer with your drivers license and registration. They can make you a new key for like $6.

Question #5 did i do good? i mean ik a clean vtec swapped eg cx will go for like 4k easy in ok condition. And even if i didnt i got what i wanted. it was worth it to me.
Not a bad trade. Sounds like both cars need some work, but Im sure the hatch is way quicker than the teg.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks everyone, and yes this car hauls ***! Vtec cracks so loud, the chipped ecu really helps. Hopefully i can install more parts today. im going to lower it more to just because im curious

I really wish there was something i could do about the paint. I guess i will just shine up the rest of the car thats not pink :/ I will take some interior shots today to.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the da looks good to bad it aint vtec like the hatch
Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn you think the vtec on a simple b16 hits hard i bet you would **** yourself if you had a gsr lmao
Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol .. im actually working on a 2001 gsr motor ..
Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yelnats
damn you think the vtec on a simple b16 hits hard i bet you would **** yourself if you had a gsr lmao
LOL.

What if he had a B18C5?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PSU
LOL.

What if he had a B18C5?
F20C
Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you think vtec is cool on a B series, you haven't felt a y8! HOLY ****
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the b16 isnt stock, and the gsr b18c1-5 had like 170hp? the b16a has 160hp plus it has ctr cams, and other head work. it pulls hard i will make a video. Also the rear of the hatchy is gutted.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Etzim
the b16 isnt stock, and the gsr b18c1-5 had like 170hp? the b16a has 160hp plus it has ctr cams, and other head work. it pulls hard i will make a video. Also the rear of the hatchy is gutted.
USDM b18c1 has 170hp, JDM has 180hp.
USDM b18c5 has 190hp, JDM has 200hp.

They are also both 1.8L instead of 1.6L and the extra torque makes quite a bit of difference.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i will stick to my b16a. until i can afford a k swap :p
Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, time for some more questions .

Lets start with the doors. I can only turn the key torwards the back of the car on both sides. so i can only unlock the doors. i cant lock them, unless i do it from the inside. And on the drivers side i have to hold the key or it locks its self when i turn it back.

The keys, the keys are pretty grinded and warn. I have to work at it to get it out of the ignition and i have to sometimes work at it for the doors.

Sometimes i hear a clunk from the front of the car it sounds like? i think its either the motor mounts or the axles or the bushings, the transmission does have a bad input shaft bearing, maybe thats what it is. If its the motor mounts/ tranny mounts, just fill them with silicone right? im dropping the tranny soon anyway so i could just fill the mounts anyway lol.

When i push the wiper mechanism down to do a quick wipe it sticks, so i assume the return spring is warn or missing. same with the turn signals. I tried taking those mechanisms off of a car in the junk yard but i had no idea how to get them off. i took the steering wheel off, and i took the two screws off, then i got stuck and couldnt figure it out lol. so how do i get those off?

Ok when i picked up the car, i was told it had an alarm system in it. Im afraid to do any electrical stuff, cuz I DONT HAVE A KEY THOB FOR THE ALARM. I scared as hell that if i unplug the battery or disconnect a wire or w/e that damn alarm will start screaming. I will have no way to turn it off. I noticed a light in the dash next to the steering wheel. i think thats for the alarm and something under the steering wheel behind the cover with a bunch of weird **** lol. Id rather keep the alarm if i can, if i can what do i do about the thob. i cant find a brand name or anything for the alarm. Im pretty sure i need to find one, but if i do can i get a new thob??? if not how do i rip it out without the thing going off?

Also noticed, the head says 0|0 on the left top above the exhaust manifold, so its a 2000 head? If it is a 2000? what head was swapped on it >.<? could it be a B16BR,B16A2,B16A4,B16A6,B18CR? i know it has ctr cams, maybe its a type r head? maybe its a b18c-5 head. Maybe thats why its so ****ing fast? idk i can pull the number off it and i will post it tomorrow. oh and if it is one of those super duper awesome cylinder heads, then sweeeeetttt. if anyone can identify it thatd be great.

No horn, when he did the swap he must have forgot the horn? So either it didnt have the wire for the horn on the harness cuz someone cut it or modified it. or e just forgot. i could wire it up myself, but im kinda lazy and that comes to my next question.

I have a obd1 wire harness for a b16 COMPLETE no cuts no nothing perfect condition. i noticed some wired up crap to the ecu from the vtec solenoid and some other custom stuff from the wire harness thats currently on the engine now. If im correct my car is obd1? so couldn't i just hook up my new wire harness without any modifications? But what about vtec, not sure about that cuz if he pinned it and didn't use a vtec harness which im pretty sure thats what he did cuz there are wires coming from the vtec solenoid to the ecu, he used a non vtec harness correct?? and if he did then i would have to re pin it threw the main ecu plug right? sounds like work to me.. I know it might not seem worth some of the hassle to some of you but to me it is because i want everything to be perfect. That way i dont have to deal with any problems later or w/e i just want it to be perfect xD

Sorry for all the noob *** questions, i could get out there and figure everything out, but the weather is just so damn bad im to lazy to, so id rather ask you guys. I bet a lot of you know the answers to most of my questions, i mean it is a honda

Im sure you hear people say there going to do all this stuff to there car, well i really am going to do what i say, its not going to be a completely super duper awesome built car, but i want to make it as nice as possible, mainly work on all the mechanical and electrical issues then i will get to appearance. Rims, paint, body, headlights, etc, etc. Then i can start going to some honda-tech meets :D and show off my bitch *** ride ;P. anyway any help is greatly appreciated.

Yup i know my grammar is like a 5 year old but idk its how i type, live with it, until i take an english/writing class? in college lol.