Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

****** Tasteful Honda Body Kits Picture and Discussion Thread *******

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
The Boot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about adding the names to the body kits as they appear in this thread? Some have the names but others Im clueless about...

I am going to have to agree with the person above about this getting out of hand. There are clearly some haggard kits out there and it seems like no one will be able to voice their opinion about them once they come up. I'll be the first to give an opinion about what I like and dislike but dont want points docked just cause I dont like something.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dramysx)

bump for a thread that started out smoothly.. no1 talking $hit (not yet, and hopefully no1 ruins it)

good thread/idea
for using my pic above as an example
Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Koolaid_Chris)

<--- Waiting for the FEEL'S kit for EK...
Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (whatcivic)

Charge Speed?? I dig

Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I <3 My CB7.

Default Re: (whatcivic)

I know the point is to try to get some credibility for body kits but why post Mugen kits as anything mugen will never lose praise because of the name.

Just about most of the kits you listed like the C-west and the walker are all accepted kits that no one looks down on today.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (clean rice)

Yee's front end is probably my all time fav for EK's...I'm not gonna say what it is though.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dramysx)

Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jime64871)

this thread takes me back to 99 when i first bought my eg coupe. i was in love with body kits. funny how things changed. this is a good thread but looking at a few of these kits, i tend to like the ones that are close to stock and small sideskirts. the Buddy Club2 sideskirts for the EGs and the Charge Speed sides are good examples of overkill on the kit. maybe i dont have good taste.

i drive a dc4 with oem option sides and it is without a doubt a body kit. the changes are suttle and not over kill. this is the way i like my kits. once again i think this is a good thread and look foward to seeing more tasteful kits.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ivan93egreppin210)

Pray To God Of BOMEX I Hope Your Speed Over The Rival!

Great thread there are many kits that look great...as long as they are painted

Sooo some one want to sell me Bomex mirrors for an EG??? I have been looking forever
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UCLA.lion)

Great discussion so far. This is doing well without getting out of hand. CARMA_626, I do see where you're coming from and understand your reasoning behind the progressive cheapening of good body kits in the past.

Smokinsax, it's alright to voice opinion about what you think of bodykits, so long as everything is kept in check. Mainly what I'm trying to keep in this thread is a good batch of information and well kept opinions without getting out of hand.

I like how things are going here, thank you. Let's hear some more.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clean rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yee's front end is probably my all time fav for EK's...I'm not gonna say what it is though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks BLOODY good!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey clean rice charge speed is rally nice too but its more of a lip kit than a full body kit. dj nakturnal ffrom the nw is selling his kit
Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry I missed a few comments last night. Serious drunk posting.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clean rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yee's front end is probably my all time fav for EK's...I'm not gonna say what it is though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that the Purplespeed lip? Looks real nice, but it's more a front lip rather than a full front bumper.

Ivan, I see what you're saying about that Buddy Club kit, as the skirts on it are a little tall to compensate for how far the bumper drops down.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Default Re: (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry I missed a few comments last night. Serious drunk posting.

Is that the Purplespeed lip? Looks real nice, but it's more a front lip rather than a full front bumper.

Ivan, I see what you're saying about that Buddy Club kit, as the skirts on it are a little tall to compensate for how far the bumper drops down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its a whole front bumper its called jblood
Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (purple helmet)

Really? Alright, very good, let's keep it up there then.

In response to the request of having the body kits labeled, I have re-edited my posts to include the types of kits on the cars.

Here's some from the Ings website. Their kit line is called N-spec.

And some love for the Fit folks out there. Noblesse is the name

J's Racing

Adding more as they come.

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 11:08 AM 8/17/2008

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 1:10 PM 9/13/2008
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 AM
R.I.P. Andy

In my opinion Honda/Acura/Toyota/Nissan etc did extensive R&D on FACTORY body panels and bumpers to make them look nice, IMO the only acceptable way to make factory body lines look a little nicer is lips. The only ones I really like a are spoon, mugen LIPS, bys and maybe the occasional amuse, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of Mugen KITS, just lips. As for baller $$$ status and MAYBE functionality mugen gets a from me, as for cosmetics I know alot of people will probably flame me for this but its my opinion.

Anything with an aggresive title is usually worth its weight in **** like: "AGGRESSOR KIT" "COMBAT KIT" "BATTLE KIT" "BERSERKER KIT" lol

I'm 27 and have been into this **** for 10+ years, so Ive seen it all, I had a wings west kit on my civic back in 97, the older I get the more I like cars with stock bumpers and skirts.

anyways, my contribution to the thread, contrary to what I was just saying, I love the amuse s2k kit because it looks really functional, and I love track cars.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (N1 Andy)

I see what you're saying N1 Andy, and I don't think you'll get flamed for posing a polite opinion about what you think of Mugen kits. There are some lines in their kits that I don't agree with either. Lol and I definitely know what you're saying with the aggressive titles that just scream "cheap bullshit" like "Vader" "Alien" or "Viking".

EDIT: Here's the elusive BYS Bumper for the RSX. Sorry for the small size, but I just can't find pictures of this anywhere.

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 11:28 AM 8/17/2008
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (eesuh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eesuh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EXACTLY. when people hear the word "bodykits" they go all **** and automatically think "piece of ****", not even giving it a chance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

One reason for this is cause so many people with honda's buy the REPLICA kits which fit like **** and are horrible quality. Most real deal body kit's look great when they are put together right..
Old 08-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

Yes. A lot of the cleanness of a kit is in the fitment, and many replicas can get very hit and miss as you sacrifice on build quality for a more affordable price. IMO, if you're too poor to get a high enough quality kit to even fit, you should step back and realize that forcing things to work when you don't have the means to support them is not the way to go. If you can't afford to get a kit that fits, how are you going to paint it, much less fit it well?

Sadly some people still do this, thus contributing to the vast generalities people make that all body kits are garbage.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Prelude love. Looks pretty good, as this gen prelude doesn't often lend itself well to different bumpers.
Prelude V style kit (don't know what it is, but it looks pretty good)

Prelude Mugen
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****** Tasteful Honda Body Kits Picture and Discussion Thread ******* (BlackoutVTi)

Mugen EF8 CR-X Pro 2 kit:

Old 08-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****** Tasteful Honda Body Kits Picture and Discussion Thread ******* (SuperTwinz)

I spy my Air Walker on the first page.... good *** thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****** Tasteful Honda Body Kits Picture and Discussion Thread ******* (ZC88CRX)

Yes yes, great contributions, as this is not only a discussion but also a picture thread. Thanks for showing the Pro 2 kit, that's one I honestly haven't seen yet.

EDIT: That Pro 2 pic has gone dead, so here's some others I found (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

I am also obligated to mention that as these are all not my cars, I will take down any pictures upon the owners' requests.

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 1:13 PM 9/13/2008
Old 08-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mugen SI

Old 08-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jojo Callos 3 piece front end

Quick Reply: ****** Tasteful Honda Body Kits Picture and Discussion Thread *******