Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Class Action Honda Misfire Lawsuit

Old 03-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Class Action Honda Misfire Lawsuit

I am wondering if anybody else has had problems with Honda dealerships honoring the lawsuit demands set forth by the court. It seems they do as little as possible in 2011 my Honda was brought in because cylinder 2 and 3 were misfiring and they just replaced the plugs. Then in 2015 I brought my car in for oil change and tuneup when I noticed oil was being burned up on my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6, the shop told me (not dealership) that they could not perform a tuneup because my engine was fried. The lead mechanic came out with my spark plug and showed me where carbon was all over it coming up from the engine. They quoted me used engines, and then I remembered I received something from Honda about the class action lawsuit. I took my car to the Honda dealership and they did a diagnostic and the codes came up (forgot what code nbrs), and they ended up putting new piston rings/gaskets. I argued with them why they didn't replace engine or at least put new values/oil pump, and they said they were only required to do the rings. I recorded the whole conversation. So I had the service done and while they had my engine apart I had them put a timing belt on. Well yesterday 02 Mar 17, I was getting oil changed at my local Goodyear Heartland Tire...the manager use to be a Honda technician where I take my car. When doing the oil change the mechanic saw that my car was leaking oil from front valve. He informed me Honda should cover this, but when I called they stated they are not responsible and plus warranty would have been over since they did the work for the misfire 11 Nov 15, and over 12,000 miles. Does anybody know if this right? I still think they should have put a new engine as one only knows how much damage has been done inside the engine. I will never buy a Honda again they are crooks and do not stand by their products. Now I have a valve cover leaking all the sudden which seems odd and is one thing after another with this car. A great looking car from the outside and nothing but lemon/nightmare on the inside. Any comments would be appreciated.

Chris