Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

a new entry was just added to my CARFAX ? who added it ?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a new entry was just added to my CARFAX ? who added it ?

i got a 2003 accord lx used in august 2015, and i got a printout of the CARFAX, but just a few months ago i looked at my CARFAX which was shown on the myCARFAX.com website in my profile account page, and i noticed that there was a new thing added as something which was done that was'nt listed before ?, and so now under Frank Kent Motors in 2007 at 61,170 miles, it says "Transmission Replaced" ?, when before all it had listed was that the front and rear brakes were serviced and that it had "Internal Transmission Repaired" ?,

so how could that of been added recently?, or how do i find out if that is true or not for sure ???, cause its important to know if the transmission was replaced with a new one or if it was'nt ?, especially since its a 2003 V6 automatic model which are more known to have transmission issues, plus it has 155,000 miles on it, so i would be real happy if i was to find out that it did have the transmission replaced in 2007, if anyone has any info or advice for how i should go about finding out about this, that would help,
thanks
Old 07-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: a new entry was just added to my CARFAX ? who added it ?

Call the place, Frank Kent and ask
Old 07-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crxaddikt
i noticed that there was a new thing added as something which was done that was'nt listed before ?, and so now under Frank Kent Motors in 2007 at 61,170 miles, it says "Transmission Replaced" ?,
Hey, at least it doesn't say, "front impact with another vehicle, airbags deployed, vehicle had to be towed," or worse.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Frank Kent Motors is now called Honda of Fort Worth, and i just called Honda of Fort Worth 2 days in a row the other day, i got some lady in the service department, and she would'nt just simply pull up my VIN like the other ones i talked with, and pull up the service history and just read through it to see if it shows anything about transmission being replaced, and tell me if it says so or not?, but instead she said the person who would be the one to answer that type of question is'nt here right now, but they will call you back once available, but then never called me back ?

i'm not trying to have them give me any secret information from stuff the original owner had done or anything ?, i just simply need them to confirm if what the information says that was added is correct and was done for sure or not ?, but not anything thats that complicated to do.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and yeah, i know, i am fortunate that out of all the different things that it could of had listed in the history of the CARFAX, if the transmission was replaced, that would be a good thing for sure and would be so glad to confirm if thats true.

i just wanted to find out what made that entry appear just now ? and if its true for sure ? and why was'nt that listed before on it ?