Intermittent crank no start problem - Honda-Tech

Intermittent crank no start problem

Old 03-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Trial User

Default Intermittent crank no start problem

Hello all, I am at wits end with my 2005 Honda Accord with a 2.4L. I have a problem where my car will occasionally crank and not start. When this happens for some odd reason I will shut the key off, depress the brake pedal and it will fire right up. Some times it sounds like the battery is weak it turns over real slow and never starts, other times it will turn over normal and not start. It seems to act better when the brake is depressed, but sometimes not even that helps. After reading tons of these forums i come to the conclusion it was the fuel injection relay.. $30 later i found out that was not the problem. I then thought maybe it was the battery.. i decided to go to the next size bigger battery then recomended(while doing this i notice what a wimpy ground the factory put on so i got a pair of 2ga ground cable and put One to the framE and the other to the block).. $150 later i found that was not the problem either. I dont know.. im thinking my only things left are spark plugs or injectors, but i really dont know. Can someone please help?

Respectfully,
Sam
Samuel Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote