Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

07' Accord LED aftermarket tail light problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' Accord LED aftermarket tail light problem

I ordered the Clear lens tail lights for my 07' Accord and im having an issue with getting them wired.

First off, my factory LED tail lights wire plug had 3 wires Red, Black, and White. While my new tail lights only have two wires, Red and White. And the connectors dont fit.

Is there some kind of harness I need to buy or will I have to strip wires and self wire this??
Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 07' Accord LED aftermarket tail light problem

Please, stop the insanity, send those aftermarket lights back. Why do people spend money, to change perfectly good oem parts, for cheap aftermarket crap? Why? I'm constantly working on weekends, to fix the so called "upgrades" the previous owner made to my truck.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sitting here with a fat lip, because I spent the day removing the cheap aftermarket crap exhaust the previous owner had installed. The original piping, that he didn't remove, is still in great shape, so in my opinion, he spent money to downgrade his/my truck, just so it would be loud and "cool".

Really, do what you want, but just remember my words, and think about it before you go around changing parts that aren't broken. You could be creating a problem, where there was none before.

OK, I'm done. That's my sermon for the day. Good luck with the lights.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Trial User

well thats actually very rude. Thats what this forum is for. Is to post problems, weather its customizing issues or stock. If you don't know the answer to my problem, please just dont post at all.

I personally enjoy customizing hondas, been doing so for about 9 years now with great success. Now I don't go for all the ricey stuff like big kits, big rims etc., I usually go for more of a clean smooth look

So, anybody ELSE?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually if you read his post again and take out the frustration he has obviously encountered you will get some pearls of wisdom from him. The LED system from the factory is obviously a better grade than what you bought. Is it possible that the factory one has a feature that the one you bought doesn't? It may help someone out if you posted the make or brand of the light you bought. Could be it is crap. How would you know? What if there is a problem hooking it up that someone else found out about? Could be someone told you it was something it wasn't and you got ripped off. Post the brand and see if that helps someone with an answer. I don't think his post was rude at all just a little more angry than he may have intended it to be.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just wanted you to think about what you are doing. Cutting wires, and removing a high quality tail light, to replace it with what could be a low quality product, that could malfunction and lead to problems (driving at night, with tail lights that don't work, is a bad idea). Many 03 Accord sedan owners are wishing they had the tail lights you want to remove, so if you decide to do the swap anyway, you can probably sell the original lights for good money. Again, good luck if you do this, and I really hope you get the results you are looking for.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by big_poppa99

I personally enjoy customizing hondas, been doing so for about 9 years now with great [success]??. Now I don't go for all the ricey stuff like big kits, big rims etc., I usually go for more of a clean smooth look
he was giving his opinion without being intentionally rude or insulting, which is also a right of his on the forum.

good luck with the fix, but as mentioned before... if you want quality parts that work, stick with OEM for the cosmetic stuff...
clear lens, aftermarket, cheap tail lights are rice. on every corner of the planet...