Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex

Does anybody else get a weird click/clack sound when reversing or trying to straighten out your car to park it? I was told it could be the CV joints but I took it to the dealership and they told me it was normal, that it was the anti-lock brakes...? I Need feedback before my warranty is over! Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex (djbmendez)

I wish I knew. My TL does this, and up until recently when I purchased my Accord, I thought something was wrong with the TL. But the Accord does it also.
It seems unlikely that both cars would have the same problem, so I'm now suspicious that it is normal.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex (Bravenrace)

TL?? So you hear that noise on your Accord too? Is your Accord an 06? It really doesn't sound nice. I also hear/feel it when I am parking (straightening out my car to park) when I switch from drive to reverse. Any clue or help as to what it can be?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, my '03 Acura TL-S does it, mostly when I'm starting from a stop with the wheel turned and straightening it out. My Accord is an '07 and has 700 miles on it.
However, I was thinking about your question and wonder if I replied about the right noise. When we bought the TL, it made a fairly loud buzzing type noise while backing out of the drive. It turns out it does it every time we start the car, after it's been in gear for 5 seconds or so, and it only does it once. The Acura dealer told us it was the anit-lock brake system going through it's self diagnostic mode. Even then I didn't believe them, because it was so loud, but then I checked with other TL owners and their's did it too, so I just accepted it. Now, my Accord DOESN"T make that sound. The sound I referred to both my car's making is the ticking I mentioned in the first sentence of this post. It sounds a lot like a bad CV joint or wheel bearing, but since it does it on both cars I'm not sure if it's something to worry about. Seems to do it more or louder when it's cold outside. I haven't had any other reason to take either car to the dealer, so I figured I'd wait and see if it got worse. Neither of these conditions actually match the problem you are having 100%, so maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. How many miles are on your car?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Well I have 22,400 or so miles on it and I had already had it checked once at the dealership, they told me it was the anti-lock brakes and that it was normal. They also said that other cars do it too, like toyota. I didn't really believe them so I want to get other opinions and maybe take it back again.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does it sound like either of the two noises I described are the same as what you are hearing?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:26 PM

Well it sounds like im changing gears or something, its kinda hard to explain. Like a popping/click noise. But its not continuous its just while im switching gears or braking while turning. It does sound like something near the tires/wheels, could be the anti lock brakes. I hope its normal
Old 12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an '03 Accord EX Sedan w/AT. I have had this same noise happen with my car for about a year now. It has changed over time. The click would happen after I would back out of my driveway, shift into drive and go forward. It would click as soon as I would start driving forward. A few months later, the click wouldn't happen until I would stop after driving forward after reversing. These clicks also would stop after the car was warm. It would happen again after the car has sat for a while. Now, it doesn't click all the time, just once in a while and I now have a loud thud during acceleration after cornering (i.e. accelerating up onramp after turning onto onramp). This noise also doesn't happen all the time, just intermittently. The car has 120,000 mi now, so I am probably going to keep driving it like this until it warms back up here in OK. I have a suspicion that it is my right front drive axle. If I have anymore problems I will be sure to post. If you guys hear anything else about this, please post all info you receive.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex (matt in tulsa)

sounds like the brake pads shifting in the calipers, not a anti lock brake problem
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Weird click/clack sound on 06 accord ex (p10hlm)

Thanks for the info!