Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Time for ANOTHER CLUTCH, where can I combine labor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for ANOTHER CLUTCH, where can I combine labor?

Ive been telling my local honda dealer my throwout bearing was chirrping before I got the clutch, and it came back a few weeks later. they tried to say I needed an $1,100 clutch fork replacement job. I asked if the throwout bearing was replaced and he assured me it was. Well now the bearing is clearly failing a year and a half later after much chirping like a cricket like i always told them.

I work in a shop now so I may as well do it thru the shop and pay my coworkers while I do customer cars. I want it done right.

I need a good oem upgrade level clutch. My car is totally stock and still managed to SMOKE the clutch in the rain one day. I thought I lost traction, nope heated up the clutch. I used to have a Centerforce Dual Friction in both my Prelude and Supra. Loved them, but willing to try something new.

I assume I should replace axles in the process, how are the bearings on the 06?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Time for ANOTHER CLUTCH, where can I combine labor?

Can be a bit of a debate on these kinds of things.

I think greedy has a clutch kit for your car and that is what I would look into. Also just my personally opinion but I'm replacing the flywheel while "there".....then since you have the flywheel off, a close inspection of the rear main seal - you will be looking right at it so the best time to replace it - no extra labor is when doing this job.

Other than that, I'd go ahead and replace the brake fluid in the clutch system and call it a day.

Again, just my opinion
Old 01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Time for ANOTHER CLUTCH, where can I combine labor?

Originally Posted by VeeSykkz
Ive been telling my local honda dealer my throwout bearing was chirrping before I got the clutch, and it came back a few weeks later. they tried to say I needed an $1,100 clutch fork replacement job. I asked if the throwout bearing was replaced and he assured me it was. Well now the bearing is clearly failing a year and a half later after much chirping like a cricket like i always told them.

I work in a shop now so I may as well do it thru the shop and pay my coworkers while I do customer cars. I want it done right.

I need a good oem upgrade level clutch. My car is totally stock and still managed to SMOKE the clutch in the rain one day. I thought I lost traction, nope heated up the clutch. I used to have a Centerforce Dual Friction in both my Prelude and Supra. Loved them, but willing to try something new.

I assume I should replace axles in the process, how are the bearings on the 06?
Exedy stage 1.5 is what I use in my RSX. Not sure if that is available for the Accord,but worth a look.

Would only replace the axles if something is wrong with 'em.