Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/)
-   -   Was ticketed for window tint but it’s stock🤔 accord coupe 03 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/ticketed-window-tint-but-%92s-stock-accord-coupe-03-a-3330504/)

Drea9826 11-18-2018 02:58 PM

Was ticketed for window tint but it’s stock🤔 accord coupe 03

Hey everyone it’s my first time posting!😄
I bought a 2003 accord coupe EX in 2007 from my local Honda dealership, the previous owner was an older woman. Last Saturday I was pulled over for my tints being too dark, the cop said he couldn’t tell if I was a man or a woman. They brought the meter and according to the cop it read 47% which means only 47% of light can go through, the legal limit here in Quebec Canada is 70% or more. I’ve never tinted the windows since having the car, I’ve been pulled over at least 3 times since owning the car for various moving violations and never once was this brought up. I’ve also seen my same exact model with the same exact tint everywhere in my city. The cop did not indicate the reading on the ticket but rather worded it very vaguely as “having an unknown coating on the window that violates the highway safety code”. I work nights so I have the time to fight this in court and I intend to.
How can I find out the percentage of tint Honda puts on their cars, I’ve scoured the net and can’t find anything? How can Honda sell me a car that is apparently illegal in my province?
Any tips on how I can build my case?

Caoboy 11-18-2018 04:49 PM

Re: Was ticketed for window tint but it’s stock🤔 accord coupe 03

If it’s factory tint it’s smoked into the glass.

If its aftermarket it will be a film that can peel off.

braxter 11-19-2018 07:01 AM

If it's factory tint, then the blame should be focused on the Honda dealership that sold you the car and not you.

DCFIVER 11-19-2018 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Drea9826 (Post 51784605)
Hey everyone it’s my first time posting!��
I bought a 2003 accord coupe EX in 2007 from my local Honda dealership, the previous owner was an older woman. Last Saturday I was pulled over for my tints being too dark, the cop said he couldn’t tell if I was a man or a woman. They brought the meter and according to the cop it read 47% which means only 47% of light can go through, the legal limit here in Quebec Canada is 70% or more. I’ve never tinted the windows since having the car, I’ve been pulled over at least 3 times since owning the car for various moving violations and never once was this brought up. I’ve also seen my same exact model with the same exact tint everywhere in my city. The cop did not indicate the reading on the ticket but rather worded it very vaguely as “having an unknown coating on the window that violates the highway safety code”. I work nights so I have the time to fight this in court and I intend to.
How can I find out the percentage of tint Honda puts on their cars, I’ve scoured the net and can’t find anything? How can Honda sell me a car that is apparently illegal in my province?
Any tips on how I can build my case?

Coupes and Sedans do not come with tint from the factory. (the glass may have UV resistant tint,but it is hardly noticeable and almost completely transparent)

If you bought a used Honda from a dealer, its no different than buying a used car from any place else. It is sold "as is"....

Dealerships tack on a lot of extras,like window tint,wheel locks and alarms at an additional cost. many people do not realize these were not factory options and they are paying extra for theses things.....

Drea9826 11-30-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by DCFIVER (Post 51784919)
Coupes and Sedans do not come with tint from the factory. (the glass may have UV resistant tint,but it is hardly noticeable and almost completely transparent)

If you bought a used Honda from a dealer, its no different than buying a used car from any place else. It is sold "as is"....

Dealerships tack on a lot of extras,like window tint,wheel locks and alarms at an additional cost. many people do not realize these were not factory options and they are paying extra for theses things.....

😔😔😔 I thought I had a case but it seems like I might have to just pay the ticket. Thanks for the replies everyone.