Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/)
-   -   Suspension Problems after installing Eibach Pro-Kit (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/suspension-problems-after-installing-eibach-pro-kit-2241813/)

FallenCow 03-04-2008 03:36 PM

Suspension Problems after installing Eibach Pro-Kit

Let me know if this should be posted in the suspension forum...

I have a 2004 4 cylinder Accord sedan w/ 75K miles. My brother installed Eibach Pro Kit springs, and now the car just bounces all over the place when going over bumps. The suspension feels and sounds like it rattles when hitting pot holes, and there's a sort of popping sound coming from the back suspension when it's under compression. When I say bounces, it really really bounces as if you're in a kid's bounce house!

We called Eibach and they suggested we take out the bump stops off the front suspension, but that hasn't helped.

My brother's competent enough around a car, but are the springs installed incorrectly?
Is there something set up incorrectly?
Do the stock shocks just not cope well w/ the new springs?
Should I get new shocks; and if so which ones?

My goal is to get back to the comfort of the stock ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the car's quickly becoming unbearable.

MSchu 03-05-2008 05:04 AM

Re: Suspension Problems after installing Eibach Pro-Kit (FallenCow)

If the rates were miss installed they would more than likely be the rear were installed on the front and vice verse, but that's pretty hard to do unless your totally incompetent. what is more than likely the issue is that a good suspension system only works, because it is a complete system, not parted together from pieces. your springs are overwhelming your shocks, you need proper shocks with proper valving to control the springs rates you have chosen
/Thread

FallenCow 03-05-2008 08:18 AM

Can you recommend a good set of shocks to control the bounce?

MSchu 03-05-2008 09:36 AM

Re: (FallenCow)

Here's how you do it... find out your spring rates from the manufacturer, then look for shocks that are valvable and/or cover that rate

FallenCow 03-05-2008 10:23 AM

You're talking about the spring rates of the Eibach Pro Kit springs?

MSchu 03-05-2008 11:28 AM

we'll never know

George Knighton 03-05-2008 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FallenCow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're talking about the spring rates of the Eibach Pro Kit springs?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, that's what he wants to know.

FallenCow 03-05-2008 12:05 PM

Perhaps I phrased that wrong...
Mschu... I just wanted to be clear that you were talking about the spring rate of the Eibach kit and not the stock spring rate. Forgive me if I sound dense, but I just want to make sure that whatever modification I end up doing to the car doesn't make it worst.