Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Super New Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super New Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part

Im Super New and Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part But I really wanna know how to make my car just better in many ways. Maybe More like i Want some recommendations on exhaust and performance upgrades that will make my car sound better and or perform better Im also down to hear about look upgrades too cause I sure haven't done all that i could.But I have already upgraded my sound system to a pretty high level i would like to think.So I want to move On to the next step I have already done some changes to the car like lowering it and adding other things like new headlights,front
grill,wheels/rims and tint alot of help would be appreciated . I do know some bits and pieces of performance upgrades more like just the names kinda like cat back exhaust but I dont know what would fit my car or If i can even add those types of things to my car at all
I have 20 inch rims now with pierelli tires actually lol. Im trying to learn basic car maintenance as i go on I have learned how to do oil changes, strut/suspension changes,wheel changes,headlights and some of bits and pieces. I definitely will read the owners manual Im sure it helps a lot more than most people think just never thought about it haha.

Tbh I kinda wanted to start with exhaust And work from their ya know make the car sound better in general weather it makes it faster or not

EDIT: I forgot to mention My car Is a 2011 Honda Accord SE 2.4 liter automatic

Old 01-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Re: Super New Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part

Originally Posted by crowshooter 122
Im Super New and Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part But I really wanna know how to make my car just better in many ways. Maybe More like i Want some recommendations on exhaust and performance upgrades that will make my car sound better and or perform better Im also down to hear about look upgrades too cause I sure haven't done all that i could.But I have already upgraded my sound system to a pretty high level i would like to think.So I want to move On to the next step I have already done some changes to the car like lowering it and adding other things like new headlights,front
grill,wheels/rims and tint alot of help would be appreciated . I do know some bits and pieces of performance upgrades more like just the names kinda like cat back exhaust but I dont know what would fit my car or If i can even add those types of things to my car at all
I have 20 inch rims now with pierelli tires actually lol. Im trying to learn basic car maintenance as i go on I have learned how to do oil changes, strut/suspension changes,wheel changes,headlights and some of bits and pieces. I definitely will read the owners manual Im sure it helps a lot more than most people think just never thought about it haha.

Tbh I kinda wanted to start with exhaust And work from their ya know make the car sound better in general weather it makes it faster or not

cant go wrong with neon lights man.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:45 AM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Super New Basically dont know anything about cars for the most part

Originally Posted by crowshooter 122
I really wanna know how to make my car just better in many ways. ..performance upgrades that will make my car ...perform better.
I have 20 inch rims now with pierelli tires actually

Are you going for looks/sound/rice or do you actually want the car to perform?

If you want the car to be quicker/faster/handle/ride/stop better, those 20" blades have got to go. Even the EX V6s only had 17".
Stock wheels are probably ~17lbs for the 16" alloys, steelies are probably 22lbs if not more.
Typical aftermarket 20" alloys are going to be near the 30lb range. 28lbs on the 'light' side, and unless you spend $500/wheel they are not going to be 21lbs. If they are chromed that's going to add another 2-3lbs. I've had unsuspecting chromed 20" wheel weigh as much as 50lbs each. That's way too much weight. The cheaper the wheel, the heavier and more fragile they tend to be.

Heavy wheels are going to take more power to get that inertia rolling, it's also going to take better brakes to get that inertia to slow down. And in between the heavier unsprung weight of the wheels is going to make the car ride badly. Most people blame this on the low profile tires, this is partially true. You will feel when running over an ant with a rubber band vs a tire with sidewall, but this is not what is going to cause the car to ride horribly, its the lack of shock damper control of the mass of the wheel when going over bumps. The wheel/tire combo will bounce uncontrollably over bumps and not be properly controlled and settle down.

To have a car that accelerates, brakes, turns, and rides well, you really don't want to have a wheel larger than 18". This will still give a 'bling' factor without the massive weight penalty of the twizzler twamp.
Pirrelli tires are nice and can grip, but if the suspension is not up to keeping the tire in contact with the road, it doesn't matter how sticky the tire is, it's not going to perform as well as it should. A decent 16" tire on stock alloys will out perform the 20's all day.

Appearance and functionality on a vehicle are often two very different dynamics.