Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Stock Radio/HVAC button illumination not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Radio/HVAC button illumination not working

So I just bought an 04 coupe, v6, 6 speed car a few weeks ago. Well I already had a double din ready to go along with a mount for it. So I installed the double din below the stock radio where the pocket originally goes. I used the correct mount and T harness for it. So I go to take a drive that night and my lights behind the radio and hvac controls were not working. Now from searching around here and on other forums I've seen that these are a common issue. But one thread I found said that when installing an aftermarket radio they won't work unless you wire it a certain way. Seeing as how I didn't even have it for a full day before doing the install I have no clue if the radio install caused this or if this was just the way it was when I bought the car. Just looking for some advice as to whether I need to rewire something or if I need a whole new stock radio/hvac. Thanks in advance!

This is the post where a guy is talking about having to wire the orange illumination wire to the red constant...
Attached Images