Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Seat Belt Stuck after an acccident (please Help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Stuck after an acccident (please Help)

Hello everyone,

I am new on the website and a female without any experience and knowledge of cars. I got in to a front hit accident this guy broke a red light and since I had liability insurance I had to pay for the repairs out of my pocket. Anyways, I got it done from a cheap repair shop and they never fixed my seat belt which was stuck after an accident. The repair shop guy told me that I need a new sensor and that is not his specialty to fix it. My air bags did not deploy but I do have a light on odometer. Can someone help me what’s the next process?. I am worried and panicked. Please help
Old 08-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Seat Belt Stuck after an acccident (please Help)

1. What year Accord, number of cylinders, trim level (LX, EX, etc.), sedan or coupe?

2. If it is the front impact sensor the body shop is referring to, any competent body or mechanic should be able to replace that. The front impact sensor part is about $45 - $55; but, the bumper needs to be removed.

3. When you say the seat belt is stuck, are you saying it is stuck in the buckle, or that the belt won't pull back, etc.? Sometimes after a collision, the seat belt tensioner needs to be replaced.

4. Which light is on in the instrument panel, can you give more description on the light or even take a picture and post?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the time the dealership will replace/rework the passive restraint system for the life of the vehicle because it's a safety issue... just dont tell them it was in an accident.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the SRS control unit was not replaced when they pull the code its going to show that the front impact sensors were replaced and theres that red flag for the seat belt
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Trial User

1. 2006 Honda accord 4 cylinder Ex Sedan.

2. It was the front impact and I dont know if the guy knows what he is talking about bcoz he was very nervous he said its not legal (I guess he was paranoid nervous wreck)

3. It is stuck in way that the belt won't pull back or move even an inch from its position, I am just skinny enough to squeez my self and drive while it seems like I am wearing a seat beat. I think it is the seat belt tensioner. how much it will cost me?

4. The air bag light is on.

May be this picture from Google helps.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Trial User

Picture doesnot show it is an air bad warning picture...I am nervous because I just read the article they say that warning sign means that air bag will not going to deploy if the car gets in another accident. I dont want mechanics to fool me by kicking out the light through other ways and then Phew...I am scared...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seat belt must be replaced. A front impact causes the tensioner to discharge (you should smell a burnt smoke odor coming from the pillar garnish), this keeps you inplace during the impact. They will not function properly again. Take it to a licensed body shop and have them fix it right...it's for your safety. The SRS control unit and impact sensor will need to be replaced also (probably the cause of your warning light), this should bring the back up to safety specs.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You will definatly need to get the SRS codes checked to see what you need, for sure you will need a new drivers seatbelt, and an SRS unit. As stated above Honda has a list of what will need replaced depending on the hit. Its going to cost alot unfortunatly but how much is your life worth?...To bad you have to pay for someone elses carelessness