Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Rear Defroster

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Defroster

Only a few bars work. anyone else have this problelm or know how to fix it?

06 v6 6 speed sedan
Old 09-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rear Defroster

Go to the auto parts store and buy the stuff to paint it back in or buy a new window. The stuff I got came in a little bottle with a brush under the cap like whiteout.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey there
well here's how you fix your defroster.
-start your car and let it run (be outside! this is needed because the rear defroster is a huge drain on your battery)
-get a test light
-remove the c-pillar trim (haven't done this in a few months so i dont remember if you need to do this to get to the defroster tabs)
-find the two plugs feeding the defroster (left and right of the defroster, about half way up) passenger side of the car is positive (if i remember correctly) and driver's side is negative
-clamp the wire side of your test light to the negative tab and turn on the defroster
-start at the top of the defroster (note "of the defroster" if i'm not mistaken, the couple top ones are your radio antenna)
-gently poke the point end of the test light to the top most defroster line on the passenger most side (do not scratch it) and see if it lights. if the test light lights, poke a bit more on the driver's side, then more then more. when the light turns off you know that the break is between that point and the last point you tested, simply tape off above and below the line and paint it with the conductive paint that the post above mine refers to.
-repeat with all the other defrost lines

im in class right now so i may be typing too fast so if you dont understand i can re-explain
let me know.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch
hey there
well here's how you fix your defroster.
-start your car and let it run (be outside! this is needed because the rear defroster is a huge drain on your battery)
-get a test light
-remove the c-pillar trim (haven't done this in a few months so i dont remember if you need to do this to get to the defroster tabs)
-find the two plugs feeding the defroster (left and right of the defroster, about half way up) passenger side of the car is positive (if i remember correctly) and driver's side is negative
-clamp the wire side of your test light to the negative tab and turn on the defroster
-start at the top of the defroster (note "of the defroster" if i'm not mistaken, the couple top ones are your radio antenna)
-gently poke the point end of the test light to the top most defroster line on the passenger most side (do not scratch it) and see if it lights. if the test light lights, poke a bit more on the driver's side, then more then more. when the light turns off you know that the break is between that point and the last point you tested, simply tape off above and below the line and paint it with the conductive paint that the post above mine refers to.
-repeat with all the other defrost lines

im in class right now so i may be typing too fast so if you dont understand i can re-explain
let me know.
THanks for the info! I will give this a shot. I didnt know where the relay was.