Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Radio cycles through channels (FM, AM, etc) automatically when car is turned on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Radio cycles through channels (FM, AM, etc) automatically when car is turned on.

I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX. The previous owner decided to install a custom sound setup so I’ve spent months fixing a bunch of the issues they created. One of them was that the radio didn’t work at all. Long story short, the wires had been cut and spliced into the custom system so I undid that by splicing the correct wires to each other following the wiring diagram. Since then everything has worked great except for one issue. Sometimes the radio will cycle through the channels (FM1, FM2, AM1, CD, repeat) for a few seconds each before landing back on the first one and then works.. Yesterday, I took the white cable used for the cd changer out of the radio to install the CRUX BTS-HN2 Bluetooth adapter to get Bluetooth in the car. This has caused a recurring issue related to what I explained above. Now, every time I start the car, the radio will cycle through the channels for exactly 6 seconds each and this will happen two full times before it starts working properly. I took the radio apart and made sure I didn’t loosen any wires but everything looked good. I have a harness splitter on the way so I can have both the Bluetooth cable and the cd changer cable plugged in to see if that fixes the issue. However, since this issue was around before I changed the cable I wanted to see if anyone else knew of something I could check with the radio, wires, etc that might be causing this issue. Hopefully I provided enough info but let me know if you need any more.