Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Power locks issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks issue

Recently I've had troubles with my power locks on my 2005 accord lx. With the keys in the ignition and the engine running the doors now automatically lock when I leave the car for a minute or 2. Like earlier I had the car running and ran to grab something in the house and I was locked out. Is there any way to disable or fix this? This just started to happen recently and I'm not sure what triggered it. The car is stock. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power locks issue

This is a common problem but there is no common solution.

I would try to "reboot" the system. Disconnect the battery and hold the two cable ends (use a jumper cable clamp) together for 15 minutes. Reconnect them and try the systems again. Make sure you have the radio anti theft code. You will have to re enter it.

If that doesn’t work, here is the dealership method.
Follow these steps to find and fix the problem:
1. Hook up the HDS, and check for B-CAN DTCs.
• If you find any B-CAN DTCs, refer to the applicable system troubleshooting in the S/M and fix the
problem. Clear the DTC(s), then go to step 2.
• If you don't find any B-CAN DTCs, continue with normal troubleshooting.
2. Recheck power door lock operation using the keyless remote and the power door lock switch.
• If the power door locks now lock, you're done.
• If the power door lock still won't lock, go to step 3.
3. Do a battery cable reset by disconnecting the battery negative and positive cables and connecting
them together with a jumper wire for 15 minutes.
4. Recheck power door lock operation using the keyless remote and the power door lock switch.
• If the power door locks now lock, you're done.
• If the power door locks still won't lock, replace the under-dash fuse/relay box (it contains the
MICU). Refer to page 22-77 of the '03-07 Accord S/M. (Online, enter keywords FUSE BOX, and
select Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box Removal and Installation from the list.)

More often than not you need to replace the driver's side multiplex unit. The part number for this unit 38200-SDN-A22, but check with the parts guy to make sure.

NOTE: This still doesn’t always fix the problem, but it will for about 75% of the time.