Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Please someone help me will $$

Old 06-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help me will $$

I have a 03 Honda Accord ex-L v6 coupe and when I purchased it last year it only came with the vallet key to start it and a fob to open trunk and doors which looked like it was the top part of a broken key. Car had no problems but was stolen with the only key and found with no key. I paid 300 to have it towed to honda for them to call and tell me 2 days later that my car is not responding to the computer so it wont start and also it needs a new battery which they say is not the issue because they put a shop battery in to test it. After diagnosing it they told me it needs a new imobilizer, battery and of course key which is going to cost me around 700$. I also wouldnt doubt that the people who stole it may have ran out of gas since it was found on the side of a highway after asking honda how much gas was there I got a reply there is gas but they would not say how much also my battery was dead when car was purchased but after being jumped and driven it works again. Is it possible they are doing something wrong with setting up the new key or could it be something to do with battery or low or no gas ? Maybe they could have cut the wrong key? I want to try calling a locksmith to see If he can get a key working is that a good idea? or is there anyway anyone can bypass this imobilizer or do I have no choice but to sell car as is or pay all that money for a new one ? How could the car have no.problems when it was stolen to needing a new immobilizer to program a new key after just being towed and parked ? Please can someone help me try programming key or anyone have advice or know what to do I have had 2 weeks from hell dealing with this as i only have basic insurance and I didnt even know if I was going to get the car back in one piece or even returned, cop held it for a week when it should have been released to me had to talk to the supervisor due to cop not returning my calls for him to tell me I should have had it back a week previous then paying 300 for the tows to now this . I just want my car back for a reasonable price someone please

Last edited by Jessica Michela; 06-30-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Please someone help me will $$

was the car stolen after you bought it or before, nobody can help until that is explained in the second sentence

also what exactly was physically damaged ?
Old 07-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
was the car stolen after you bought it or before, nobody can help until that is explained in the second sentence

also what exactly was physically damaged ?
It was stolen after I bought it I've had it for almost a year and there was no damage done or anything to it when I got it back it's in the same condition as it was when they took it, it was just left on the side of the road by the people that stole it and they had the only key and did not return it
Old 07-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Global Moderator

Received 419 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Michela
I have a 03 Honda Accord ex-L v6 coupe and when I purchased it last year it only came with the vallet key to start it and a fob to open trunk and doors which looked like it was the top part of a broken key. Car had no problems but was stolen with the only key and found with no key. I paid 300 to have it towed to honda for them to call and tell me 2 days later that my car is not responding to the computer so it wont start and also it needs a new battery which they say is not the issue because they put a shop battery in to test it. After diagnosing it they told me it needs a new imobilizer, battery and of course key which is going to cost me around 700$. I also wouldnt doubt that the people who stole it may have ran out of gas since it was found on the side of a highway after asking honda how much gas was there I got a reply there is gas but they would not say how much also my battery was dead when car was purchased but after being jumped and driven it works again. Is it possible they are doing something wrong with setting up the new key or could it be something to do with battery or low or no gas ? Maybe they could have cut the wrong key? I want to try calling a locksmith to see If he can get a key working is that a good idea? or is there anyway anyone can bypass this imobilizer or do I have no choice but to sell car as is or pay all that money for a new one ? How could the car have no.problems when it was stolen to needing a new immobilizer to program a new key after just being towed and parked ? Please can someone help me try programming key or anyone have advice or know what to do I have had 2 weeks from hell dealing with this as i only have basic insurance and I didnt even know if I was going to get the car back in one piece or even returned, cop held it for a week when it should have been released to me had to talk to the supervisor due to cop not returning my calls for him to tell me I should have had it back a week previous then paying 300 for the tows to now this . I just want my car back for a reasonable price someone please
1. With the exception of the valet key, for a 2003 Accord, the Radio Frequency ID (RFID) transponder chip is located in the key fob. So, if that was the original programmed key, even though the key was broken off; you may have been able to transfer the RFID chip to a new cut key blank with fob and tried to start the car. Or cut a new key blank and tape the chip or old key fob next to it. -- There is a chance, that key fob's transponder chip was not programmed to the car though.

See this link regarding the chip removal: https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...-flip-key.html

2. The issue now also depends on whether the dealer cleared all transponder codes from the memory of the immobilizer control unit-receiver. If that happened, even if the chip in the old remote previously worked, it won't now.

3. Since the dealer has the car, ask if they checked relevant fuses too.

4. Have they tried using the five-digit Immobilizer Brake Code, which involves the hand brake, etc. to start it?

5. What Immobilizer part are they stating needs replacement? The immobilizer control unit-receiver?