Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

PLEASE HELP...2013 accord sport post accident questions.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP...2013 accord sport post accident questions.

FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE.

A suv did some serious damage to my car, i was hit while parked paralled to a curb.. the passenger side slammed to the curb and bounced off it causing the tire to bend inwards.. i dont know what was replaced as far as my suspension goes but was told alot of parts were replaced... now my question, i received my car on feb 1 of this year and everything sounded fine and then slowly started to hear low thud sound when backing out of a parked position, it only happened sometimes... well that sound got louder and transformed into a sound i cant put my finger on... somewhat like a single pop to a creaking sound... i can trigger it by putting the car from a parked position to drive, it comes about when i release the brake.. it happens for like a second and then goes away.. i can also trigger it by yanking the stearing wheel to the left or right while the car is parked... the sound is coming from the passenger side where the damage was done... well today i took the car in to the shop that did the work, he called me and said the noise is gone... he removed everything and put everthing back and the noise went away, he didn't really have a answer to what it was but that maybe something loosed up?... i got in the car and can no longer trigger the noise.

Can someone help me make sense of this?

Ill be here all night.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP...2013 accord sport post accident questions.

Turning the wheel and causing it makes me wonder if the ball joint was loose or possible even bad. It doing it when putting it in gear is odd though if it's the same noise unless it's moving enough to do it. That almost sounds more like a transmission issue.If the axle got hit hard enough it could have damaged the transmission. Otherwise it's really hard to tell without being there and physically being able to hear the noise.

That said, imo cars are never right again after an accident like this.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP...2013 accord sport post accident questions.

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Turning the wheel and causing it makes me wonder if the ball joint was loose or possible even bad. It doing it when putting it in gear is odd though if it's the same noise unless it's moving enough to do it. That almost sounds more like a transmission issue.If the axle got hit hard enough it could have damaged the transmission. Otherwise it's really hard to tell without being there and physically being able to hear the noise.

That said, imo cars are never right again after an accident like this.
i have to move the car just a little bit to trigger the noise, if i just keep my foot on the brake and change the gears there is no noise.

what do u mean joint?.. which joint?... he told me they replaced joints and a bunch of stuff... when i looked up noises i found some videos that sound similiar to the noise i heard and that was the cv axel... i asked him if he thought it was that and he siad no... if it was would the noise just disapear like that?.. i can no longer trigger the noise as of right now and the noise is gone.