Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

New To Forum,With Question

Old 12-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Forum,With Question

Hi all, My wife has owned her 2008 CR-V for a little over a year now. I am so impressed with I decided to get my own Honda. Bought a 2006 Accord Cpe EX-L, and so far I'm loving it. It has some mods, Falken wheels with 245-40-18 tires custom headlights, HID fogs, and lot of other goodies. My question being I have 112,000 on the car. My friend that owns a transmission shop told me to flush, and change the filter. My thought is the car has to many miles to do this and I might be asking for trouble?? What do you think. The fluid doesn't look to bad, and the car seems like it was really taken care of. I can't seem to find out if it was ever changed before. Any thoughts on this???
Old 12-26-2011, 08:14 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New To Forum,With Question

have you even bothered to check the maintenance schedule on this model? refer to your owners manual for proper scheduling.

to many miles to change the transmission fluid???
Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Trial User

I've been trying to see what was done to the car, it was a one owner. Yes I bothered to look and see what the scheduled maintence is.. Like I said my buddy that owns a transmission shop said the mileage on the car should have no effect. That's what I'm asking, so your saying to many miles don't do it. But if it was done regularly, which I don't know. Then I feel doing it would be okay.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:45 AM
My Name is Nobody

so you are asking people on a forum who've you have never met if your buddy who owns an actual transmission shop if full of shyte?

I am curious, what exactly did the owners manual say for fluid flush and filter change?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by MSchu
so you are asking people on a forum who've you have never met if your buddy who owns an actual transmission shop if full of shyte?

I am curious, what exactly did the owners manual say for fluid flush and filter change?
Forget the whole question.. I see!! Your right I don't know anybody here,or never met them.. Nice forum !
Old 12-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Trial User

If I'm going to get sarcastic help from this forum I don't need to be on it..
Old 12-26-2011, 12:21 PM
My Name is Nobody

there ya go...

I mean your friend, who owns a transmission shop, gave you good solid advice and you are wondering why the sarcasm?

I really wasn't trying to be sarcastic even though you took it as such, I was merely trying to point out the absurdity of asking for more competent answers from complete strangers.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Goombah's Honda
If I'm going to get sarcastic help from this forum I don't need to be on it..
Awww somebody calls this guy the wahhh-mbulance.

If you do not know the history of the vehicle, then drain and fill the fluid and keep tabs from there. Even if the fluid looks good, you have no idea what type of fluid is in it. Only use Honda ATF.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Trial User

I'm also new to forum and need some quick advice, which is why I'm piggybacking on this guys post.

I have a 2006 Honda Accord that started sputtering in the mornings (but was fine after, all day) and then the check engine light came on. Took it to Honda and the mechanic told me that my catalytic converter needed to be replaced, but was still under warranty (but only for about 800 more miles). However, he proceeded to tell me that my car must be from up north (bought it from a random used car dealership in the south) because the bolts holding the heat shield on are all rusted and they basically have to cut my exhaust system out to get to the catalytic converter, and that's going to cost me $542. It seems to me if that's part of the necessry labor to replace my cat UNDER WARRANTY then that's their problem.....any advice?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LilytheAccord
I'm also new to forum and need some quick advice, which is why I'm piggybacking on this guys post.

I have a 2006 Honda Accord that started sputtering in the mornings (but was fine after, all day) and then the check engine light came on. Took it to Honda and the mechanic told me that my catalytic converter needed to be replaced, but was still under warranty (but only for about 800 more miles). However, he proceeded to tell me that my car must be from up north (bought it from a random used car dealership in the south) because the bolts holding the heat shield on are all rusted and they basically have to cut my exhaust system out to get to the catalytic converter, and that's going to cost me $542. It seems to me if that's part of the necessry labor to replace my cat UNDER WARRANTY then that's their problem.....any advice?
Sounds like BS. Get a second opinion.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LilytheAccord

I agree with you, it should be their problem. I believe it is under law that they must replace your CAT. I would refuse to pay the money and tell them if they do not do it you will report them. Basically just blackmail them.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Trial User

I would definitely change it. The flush procedure described in my accord's manual seems a little bit over the top, but changing the fluid shouldn't hurt anything.