Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Need help with how to properly care for 2015 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with how to properly care for 2015 Touring

Hey guys I just recently got a great deal on a used 2015 Honda Accord Touring and it is absolutely beautiful. I really want to make sure that I keep my vehicle that way so I was looking for some guidance on how to properly clean the interior of the vehicle and the exterior. I made a list of a few sources of dirt that I have noticed and I am looking for the best possible way to combat it.

1. The carpets gathered dirt extremely fast so I bought the last cut weather-tech mats for the front and back of the car. This has been a huge help already.

2. I noticed that the low side skirts of the vehicle quickly become dirty after cleaning. What is the best way to clean the exterior of the vehicle without damaging the paint?

3. The leather can become dulled quickly even just opening the door on a rainy day. What kind of cleaner should I use? What type of leather is the Touring made with?

What else should I be concerned with in my vehicle? I really want to keep it looking how it does for the rest of its life. Thank you guys so much for any advice you can give and I'm sorry this is my first post but I couldn't find any good information on proper maintenance.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Need help with how to properly care for 2015 Touring

The ivory color leather is the one that requires the most care. Be careful wearing blue jeans because of the dye. My best advise is to put a towel over the driver seat, and sit on that. Yes, that defeats the purpose of your leather seats, but it's the best way to keep them nice.

It may be hard to ask your passengers to do that. So I would have the extra towel handy on days when it rains, and there is a chance their jeans could be wet.

Other clothing dyes will also cause the same problem.

Outside of that, buy any leather cleaner and protector you like, and on sale at Walmart. We can debate which brand is better, but let's not waste time. The leather is coated. Nothing really penetrate it to the real skin, so it almost does not matter what leather conditioner you used. I still use one. Just because. It makes me feel good mentally that I'm taking care of my car. You are not sitting on raw cow skin leather like Ferrari or Porsche. The leather used on car seats on 80% of cars are "garbage," including Honda.

I own my 3rd Honda leather interior. And they get cheaper and cheaper by the generations.

Yes. My 2014 Odyssey leather is ivory.