Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Need aftermarket part suggestion

Old 10-14-2018, 05:43 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need aftermarket part suggestion

Hello all,

I am a new member and in need of replacing the master clutch cylinder along with the slave cylinder for my 06 Accord LX. I wanted to ask you all which website do you all use for a good aftermarket Honda parts.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Need aftermarket part suggestion

Why go aftermarket?

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Trial User

Why not? There are some good quality after market brands that are cheaper than OEM parts. I am just not familiar with Honda. For example I get my parts from FCP which gives lifetime warranty on all parts but unfortunately they don't carry Honda parts so I was hoping to find a similar website.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 850R
Why not?
OEM parts are superior in fitment,function and longevity. Soething Ive learned after a couple of decades or so in the biz.........

There are some good quality after market brands that are cheaper than OEM parts.
Not really. There are cheap parts that are cheaper, and there are good aftermarket parts that are similar in cost, and in some cases, cost more.

I am just not familiar with Honda. For example I get my parts from FCP which gives lifetime warranty on all parts but unfortunately they don't carry Honda parts so I was hoping to find a similar website.
LoL "lifetime warranty" is a marketing gimmick to keep the poor schmoes coming back for more. There are NO quality parts or parts suppliers that offer "lifetime warranty"

Do yourself a favor and buy quality parts, you wont regret it.

(The website I listed isn't random, Majestic Honda is the king of online sales. They are arguably the best in the business. Check em out,cant hurt.)
Old 10-16-2018, 05:52 AM
Trial User

I know it sounds funny but it is real. Whatever you get from FCP comes with a lifetime warranty. I actually had to recently use it. A motor mount went bad after like 4 years, I sent it back and they gave me the credit. They don't give you trouble and ask for like receipt from a pro mechanic or etc. If you have an european car try them .
out.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know it sounds funny but it is real. Whatever you get from FCP comes with a lifetime warranty. I actually had to recently use it. A motor mount went bad after like 4 years, I sent it back and they gave me the credit. They don't give you trouble and ask for like receipt from a pro mechanic or etc. If you have an european car try them .
out.
I think youre missing the point. A motor mount should easily last 10-15 years.

One that goes bad after four years is why "lifetime" warranties exist.....
Old 10-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Trial User

DCFIVER,

I guess the website you posted earlier only caries OEM parts correct? I am about to order them because the Honda dealer here is asking for $170 for the master clutch cylinder and $90 for the slave.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DCFIVER,

I guess the website you posted earlier only caries OEM parts correct? I am about to order them because the Honda dealer here is asking for $170 for the master clutch cylinder and $90 for the slave.
Yes,that web site is to Majestic Honda, a dealership in Rhode Island( I think) They got into online sales like 15 years ago, well ahead of most other places. Their customer service is outstanding,parts ship fast and they are usually cheaper than anybody else.