Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Megan coilovers reviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan coilovers reviews

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Megan Racing Coilovers(http://www.statikperformance.com/cat...ucts_id=2245)? I am looking to lower my car on coilovers because of the ability to lower your car to any height and saw these for a good price.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Megan coilovers reviews

I have Megan Racing Coilovers. They are great coilovers for the price. Its just the same as TEIN SS but cheaper. The Megans come with pillowball top hat/mounts and get 36 levels of dampening and is adjustable just like the TEINS but like 3/4 of the price. I love em. The ride is comfortable. I have mine set at 22 dampening and lowered 2.5 inches. the handling is amazing and I love how the drop is. Also the overall look of the coilover is just unbeatable. lol
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Megan products fill a void at the lower end of the performance spectrum. they are a low priced alternative to mid level goods. The products they make fill specific needs when value as opposed to outright performance is the over riding factor.

I would not classify them in the exact same category as Tein, but for those that use the products, they seem to have good things to say about the Megan.

The shock dyno print outs i have been able to see have been pretty poor when compared to a better unit. there maybe some adjustability for compression damping but there is none for rebound where the shock serves as a point of control for the spring rate. In essence you are just making the shock compression stiffer and not improving shock performance when you adjust a low end unit.

the pillow ball is a nice touch, but have no effect on performance on a control arm car... other than to make the ride harsher as it transfers more of the road debris to the chassis.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MSchu
Megan products fill a void at the lower end of the performance spectrum. they are a low priced alternative to mid level goods. The products they make fill specific needs when value as opposed to outright performance is the over riding factor.

I would not classify them in the exact same category as Tein, but for those that use the products, they seem to have good things to say about the Megan.

The shock dyno print outs i have been able to see have been pretty poor when compared to a better unit. there maybe some adjustability for compression damping but there is none for rebound where the shock serves as a point of control for the spring rate. In essence you are just making the shock compression stiffer and not improving shock performance when you adjust a low end unit.

the pillow ball is a nice touch, but have no effect on performance on a control arm car... other than to make the ride harsher as it transfers more of the road debris to the chassis.
Well whatever they did...mine seem to ride nice. Ive been waiting on some feedback to show up about these. I spent a little time on the STI forums reading about how they liked their MEgan setups. I read way more positive comments than negative. And many of the owners had owned and used many other brands. Usually, you get negative feedback from people that have never even seen the coilovers in person, must less acually used the product.

It fit my budget, I like the drop and ease of adjustment, and it made my ride nicer than it was. Thant's my two cents..
Old 06-08-2010, 04:51 PM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

exactly, you get what you pay for... my .02$

I have seen the company grow since it's inception. I don't think they are trying to be something they are not, but to try and compare the entry level products with some of the more well established vendors that have a varied race history is a mistake.

To be honest, the folks that usually say how great there products are are those folks that do not have a really good grasp of how a better unit performs in comparison to these LOW END units.

but if they work for you personally, more power to you as you seem to have made up your mind already. I am more concerned with getting accurate info out to those that need it and have yet to make up there mind.