Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Looking at an '06 6spd V6...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Looking at an '06 6spd V6...

As title states....looking at one, all I know currently is what's in the title & it has some slight body damage that is currently being fixed. Was female owned, its black, and the guy is asking 8k but will come down. Don't know mileage or anything, I'm aware that's a big factor.

I'm just shopping around right now, not set on anything, but I'm fairly sure these cars are few & far between which makes me want it right away lol.

Any real issues to look for? No, I haven't done any searching but will after making the thread, I just doubt I'll find a lot of info since these cars aren't plentiful.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking at an '06 6spd V6...

Originally Posted by tehondafrk
As title states....looking at one, all I know currently is what's in the title & it has some slight body damage that is currently being fixed. Was female owned, its black, and the guy is asking 8k but will come down. Don't know mileage or anything, I'm aware that's a big factor.

I'm just shopping around right now, not set on anything, but I'm fairly sure these cars are few & far between which makes me want it right away lol.

Any real issues to look for? No, I haven't done any searching but will after making the thread, I just doubt I'll find a lot of info since these cars aren't plentiful.
3rd gear grind. If you searched before you would have found that.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So that's all? Looks like they may need valve adjustments more often than my Fit, for example.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ours develoved a brake problem that traced back to the VSA modulator inducing air into the system. I consider working 06-6MT-V6 brakes exceptionally firm and grabby.

http://dvpatel.homelinux.com/forumfiles/SB/A07-045.PDF

I believe the was Odyssey was granted a recall. Accord owners, out of luck. We eventually found a dealer that stepped up to honor our extended warranty but it took months. Our biggest problem was getting a service department to do the proper diagnostic.

1. Inspect the brake system, and replace any leaking,
worn, or damaged parts.

2. Manually bleed the brakes following the pattern
shown on ISIS or in the service manual. Do not use
a pressure or vacuum power bleeder:

3. Apply the brakes to check the height and feel of the
pedal:
• If the brake pedal height and feel is now normal,
go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.

All they would do for us is test drive and give us a "feels normal to me" dismissal. I had already confirmed the problem through the bleed procedure myself six weeks prior. (Soft pedal, bleed, firm pedal, 2 weeks later soft pedal). Eventually, Headquarter Honda in Orlando took care of it.

Long and short, if your 06 has a soft pedal take note. If the fluid is fresh or they tell you they just has the brakes serviced, ask why. VSA modulator is not cheap.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:55 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tehondafrk

I had a 2006 6-6 Coupe and put about 105,000 on it before getting my current daily driver. It gave not a moment's trouble during that entire time.

We still have a 2006 6-6 Sedan that is being used by somebody as a daily driver. Over 180,000 miles and it has only had a couple of very minor issues. The biggest problem was a failed accelerator position sensor that failed and the local shops couldn't figure it out right away.

Both cars were awesome.

Interior's wearing well, too.

The motors are 3.0 with only 245 HP. They're under-stressed and tend to last a long time, even though they perform well. Pay attention to what the computer says to do. When it's time to do something, don't ignore it, and you'll be fine.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:59 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by Mr. Spade
3rd gear grind. If you searched before you would have found that.
J Motor manuals. What can you do.

There's a way to shift that eliminates it completely. They're all like that. You get used to it.

Even my J37 can be made to grind, but it's always somebody who doesn't know Hondas.

What's really funny is people who don't know Honda 6-6's getting used to the clutch take up.

What.... What.... What thuh.... OH MY GOD !!!

:-)
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by conker
VSA modulator is not cheap.
Glad you mentioned that. I have heard of the problem, but never personally experienced it.

I think it's rare, but obviously these cars are out of warranty now and it could be a problem if somebody's unaware or falls for a line.

I heard about a couple being replaced under warranty in 2008.