Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 02:39 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, High Beams

Hello there, new to this forum.
I bought a 2004 Accord 2.4L 4D for $1,000 from an old man.
Its a great car, clean and runs perfectly and shifts perfectly.

However, huge stench of mold and mildew when I recieved the car. Apparently the drivers side window was left down for a few month. Allowing moisture and such to enter the vehicle. (I live in Florida approx 30~ away from the gulf of mexico)

Issues
Drivers Window Switches - The switches on the drivers door are all really buggy and messed up. Obviously needing replaced. You have to barely pull some button to make the windows go down. If you pull too hard, they go up.

Vehicle did NOT come with a keyless entry remote. I had to call a friend who was a locksmith to make me a new key, and supply me with a new remote.
The vehicle would not enter programming mode when the process was done correctly.
I found this issue to be because of the multiplex communications needing to go through the corroded and messed up drivers door switches. Bought a brand new one on amazon, and it entered programming mode flawlessly. I supplied the above information to anyone else having the same issue, because it took me forever to realize that.

Currently Issues:

The cruise control light works on the dash. (CRUISE MAIN) however, when you press Set, nothing happens. Unsure why that is.
The Radio makes a loud pop randomly and doesn't play sound after the pop. Until you press power button, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on.
The keyless entry system (even though it programmed) sometimes is intermittent. Meaning, it locks and unlocks sometimes, and other times it doesnt do anything. This may have to do something with the driver door again as the old owner replaced the door lock tumbler in the driver door with another key. Maybe that tumbler/lock system got rained on and it thinks there is a key in the door? Unsure.

Highbeams.. Pulling on the high beams makes the brights come on, when the lights are off. Bright indicator lights up too.
When the headlights are on, pulling the high beams does nothing, however indicator on the dash appear.

Reverse lights inop. Fuse and bulbs are fine.

Yes, its a lot of issues, just hoping someone else has ran into the same thing to help me or give me advice to prevent a ton of diagnose time.,